What's new

*** Official CATWOMAN Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
It's a shame this garbage will probably put The Bourne Supremacy in the shadows on it's opening weekend.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian

Doubtful. Bourne is estimated to have made about $53 million this weekend, while Catwoman is estimated to have made only around $17 million. That's still too much money for a movie as bad as Catwoman, but not nearly enough to overshadow Bourne.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
why would you want it to be number one. i hope that was sarcasm.

this movie was "pitofull."

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Went to see it last night at Silver City in Mission and only about 30 people in the theater. About a dozen walked out by half way point.

I was shocked. It is rare that a movie is so bad, that there is not a single positive thing to say about it - I think the last one was Battlefield Earth. Catwoman was truly a directorial disgrace, with bad acting, a poor score, horrendous dialogue and simply without any redemptive merit.

I found myself wondering, about a quarter of the way through if this would be one of those movies that could somehow be redeemed by DVD. It can't be. There was nothing there in effects or score that made me think, "Okay, the movie sucks, but this could be really good on DVD."

I understand that all film is ultimately "art." As such, this film is art. It is a work of art that is destined for the shelf. Truly appalling.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Owen Gleiberman in Entertainment Weekly gave it a pretty good review (B-), one of the few high-profile reviewers to do so I believe. But that seemed mostly to be because he thought Berry looked hot. ;)

/Mike

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I also think he was delirious from overwork. I believe he wrote every review in that issue.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter

And EW is owned by Time-Warner. Coincidence?

I'm an EW subscriber, but I have almost never given their movie reviews any weight. They'll get one right once in a while, but most of the time I read the movie reviews for entertainment purposes only.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Fun times - Based on what I saw in the theater, they originally intended the opening of the film to Catwoman's appearance to take one day. Then, in some editing genius, they decided to make it two days. So, on the day after going back to sleep and ineffectually getting people to turn off their stereo, she comes back wearing the same clothes as yesterday - and so do all the people she works with.

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
Hopefully this trainwreck will get people to board my "Halle Berry can't act her way out of a wet paper bag" bandwagon. I still can't figure out who she slept with or jedi mind tricked in order to get that Oscar.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez

With respect to Halle Berry, she was great in Monster's Ball. Have you actually seen the movie? I really don't want this thread to turn into bashing Halle
Berry. I just want to bash this so-called movie called Catwoman.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian

Didn't you see the movie? It was Billy Bob Thornton. ;)

Seriously, I also thought she deserved the Oscar in Monster's Ball. But she hasn't had any truly good roles since, unfortunately.

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor

I have, and I was unimpressed. One of the truly overrated movies in my book. And while she did a servicable job acting, it was by no means Oscar worthy.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez

Actually, I kinda have take back that comment cause I will never see Catwoman even though I hate it so much. :)

But Halle did deserve the Oscar.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
If Halle Berry deserved an Oscar for her work in Monster's Ball, then Shannon Tweed deserves a Lifetime Achievement Award.

Ben Silva

Stunt Coordinator
i think in time Catwoman will come to be regarded as one of those so bad it's good, kinda like Showgirls has. This was one of the funniest movies of the year! What I can't understand is why so many talented actors (Berry, Benjamin Bratt, Sharon Stone and Frances Conroy) were thinking when they signed on for this. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

They were thinking "Spider-Man," "X-Men," "Blade," "Batman." I'm sure they weren't expecting it to turn out to be a huge regurgitated hairball mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks