What's new

*** Official CATWOMAN Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob

Wait, don't tell me...it was Mick LaSalle, right? If Mick says it's good, it's bad and if he says it's bad, go see it.

Rob

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
To the other unlucky people who have seen it... What do you think is the single worst scene in the movie?

I can't decide between the basketball scene or the "It's overtime!" climax. Or the scene where Halle rubs catnip over her face. Or the scene where she confronts the people making all the noise. Or the... Damn, this movie sucked.

And oh... showing a picture of Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman in the movie was low. To connect her delicious portrayal of the character in any way to this garbage borders on criminal.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
was it worse then van helsing? that movie was pretty bad.

JACOB

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Many fans of the comic book character or comics in general won't be going to watch this movie.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian

MUCH worse. Van Helsing at least had that rousing musical score and that cool black & white opening scene. Catwoman has nothing, absolutely nothing.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

it already has been.
i attribute the sudden change in the direction of the Superman production to this film.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
Yes, he was.

Now that I think about it, Catwoman does have a lot in common with Spawn. They're both darkly-shot with cheesy FX and they both have a lame villain, bad comic relief and no soul. But Spawn is still better than Catwoman.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Since I don't plan on seeing this (at least until I can see it after one my friends rents the DVD), can someone tell me in what context we see a picture of Michelle Pfeiffer as catwoman.

I was watching A&E where they were having a Catwoman special or something, going through Julie Newmar, to Eartha Kitt, to Michelle Pfeiffer - and then I turned it off, because those are the only Catwoman that exist on film to me. The Pfeiffer catwoman look is still so damn perfect though, it's insane that they changed it to this monstrosity.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian

Frances Conroy throws a bunch of pictures of "Catwomen" to Halle and one of them is of Michelle Pfeiffer from Batman Returns.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking, "Did any of these actors/actresses really need the money this badly to appear in this turd of a movie?"

The CGI Catwoman moved like the Toad in X-Men, and Halle gets another horribly delivered line at the end of the movie, something like, "It's overtime!" Sheesh!!!

I think this movie still ranks just above "Batman and Robin" but it's damn close.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
As I said in the review thread, this makes only the third movie in my life I have ever actually walked out on. This film is TERRIBLE. I will have to adjust my YMDB accordingly.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
How many of you are actually seeing this movie by paying for it, and how many are using the free pass that was included in the Batman Animated Series Vol. 1 set?

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I was one who used the free pass on the Batman: TAS set. I would never have paid to see this.

By the way, I just remembered another cringe-inducing scene: The scene where Catwoman lands on the street on all fours and is literally rear-ended by a Jaguar (the car, not the cat). I couldn't believe my eyes. :thumbsdown:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I have two free tickets from my Superfriends and my Batman Box sets and Even for free I'm reconsidering going. I'd like to hear how they acknowledge the Pfiefer Catwoman, they actually acknowledge there was another one?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There have been many Catwomen in the past, and a headshot of the Michelle Pfeifer Catwoman shows up on the floor with a bunch of other photos of different Catwomen in the past.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
More proof DC's franchises, in comparison to Marvel, are turning out terrible.

I keep hoping this would change, as I belive "Sandman" would be a phenomenal movie if done by Terry Gilliam, but based on everything I've seen.. maybe DC is just cursed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks