What's new

*** Official CATWOMAN Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I, for one, am SHOCKED. SHOCKED I tell you. Stunned and amazed.

Well...that Adam went to see it anyway... ;)

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
All this hatred for this movie makes me giggle a little bit. I dunno. For me, the first time I saw that costume and that foreign trailer I had bad vibes.

Travis W.

Second Unit
Oh man, I can't wait to see this tomorrow. I love being able to see a movie that's supposed to be serious and then end up joking about it for weeks. I know this movie's gonna be so much kitty litter but I need something to laugh at...plus I get in free since I work at a theater so it's not like I'm supporting Warner for making this ridiculous ploy to capitalize on us comic fans.

I'll check in with my review (for those who care) tomorrow after I see it.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I heard that alien vs predator might get the batman begins teaser.

JACOB

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
I was just reading the CNN.com review of Catwoman, which was expectedly disparaging, but was surprised to see the film was directed by the French director Pitof. Too bad his Hollywood debut will probably kill his career before it even begins; his VIDOCQ was a fantastic piece of cinema, arguably a case of style over substance, but in no way an indication he should have been thrown a superhero movie as his American debut. Sorry if this is already discussed in this lengthy thread, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Adam Portrais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Portrais

Well, at previews (at least more and more often lately) you don't get many trailers. All we got was an "Exorcist: The Beginning" trailer (a bit early but it looks like it might be good). Who knows about the theatrical run. I hope not because I don't want to pay $8 to see a trailer and I'm sure as hell not going to see "Catwoman" again.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
From Academy Award-winning actress just one year ago, to this. Oh, the humanity...

Please, Warner, get that Wonder Woman movie into production soon--and make it good?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Catwoman" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Catwoman" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
People are surprised that it sucks! Why? The moment I heard "Pitof is directing" few months ago, I knew it’s going to suck! Of course that it sucks! Pitof is no director. He has no talent in directing. He is a famous French Visual Effects Supervisor. It’s like Dennis Muren directing a movie. People should do what they are good at and for the record, I thought his first attempt (VIDOCQ) was also horrible. Hated it!........Now I feel better! :D

FredK

Second Unit

Ebert's review is up, here's his closing line on Pitof...

The director, whose name is Pitof, was probably issued with two names at birth and would be wise to use the other one on his next project.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Wow, this movie is sure taking a beating... 13% fresh att Rotten Tomatoes right now, with 70 reviews counted!

It didn't look THAT bad to me, but this is a pretty overwhelming consensus!

/Mike

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
How much did they spend on this piece of - well, I won't pass judgement until I see it on TV... but I am curious how much was spent.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The practically universal drubbing this film is getting is rather interesting to me. Bad films usually get defended by some people on some level, even if only for some technical or goofy/fun/silly aspect (like with Van Helsing). But not this one, apparently.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Just for information, Pitof is well respected within the Visual Effects community (as a VFX supervisor) and his work for Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s City of Lost Children made him known and "famous" in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks