What's new

*** Official "BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Mark,
If it's going to be a big hit then perhaps this film isn't unfunny to others.:)

Crawdaddy

sheldon M.

Stunt Coordinator
This movie is sooooooo bad. It's so bad in so many ways its difficult to sit through. It's like an episode of "Bewitched" or "I Dream of Jeannie" but instead of someone with supernatural powers shaking things up its simply because the woman is black that she disturbs the universe. Its just another symbol of the totally detached ivory tower morons who control the movie industry. These people must never, ever leave the safe refuge of their gated communities. This movie is atrocious-yuck. I want my money back.

John^Lal

Stunt Coordinator
this movie..i found myself laughing a few times. But it's story is just so stale. It works on every age old black comdedic cliche that it's just sickening to watch. If i were told to write a script for a movie like this, i would have thought it would be a bit challenging because if i were to sit down, i would try for something with at least a hint of originality. but this movie follows a formula that is so bland and overused anyone could write it. all they would have to do is leave any desire of being creative at the door.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The film delivered a lot of laughs to the crowd I saw it with (an decent sized afternoon crowd with a very diverse mix of people of all races and ages). It is going to make a lot of money, and I'd be surprised if it doesn't hit $100 million at the box office (or get damn close). I laughed a lot in this film.

Just don't go into the film thinking you're going to see some in-depth character study of the 2 principals in this "fish out of water" film. The laughs/plot elements are what drive the comedic film, not the "characters".

What I thought was interesting was seeing Kimberly J. Brown on the big screen again. She played Steve Martin's 15 year old daughter, and she was the young actress that played the daughter in Tumbleweeds a few years ago, and she was really good in that film, and also quite engaging in this film. She's grown quite a bit taller in the past couple of years, but could still play young teen roles for a few more if she wanted to do so.

I sort of warmed up to Queen Latifah's character as the film went on. Loved the cat fight in the ladies room, lots of funny physical comedy within that action sequence.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks