What's new

*** Official BOLT Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So, I saw this in RealD 3D, which was a treat, but at the heart of it all, the film is quite engaging in terms of fun and sympathetic characters in the form of primarily Bolt (dog), Mittens (cat), Rhino (hamster in a sphere), and Penny (Bolt's person). The film offers much enjoyment to both kids and adult audiences alike, which is a plus because many of us adult were laughing quite a bit. There's one short sequence that had tears running down my face from laughter, and I didn't even wipe them away for fear of missing out on the 3D-ness from taking off the RealD glasses. There a lot of exciting action at the start, and then Bolt's true journey gets underway, and for the most part, the friendships that arise are developed well, and gives a gentle tug at the heart strings as the film wraps up. The film is paced pretty well, as the story keeps moving with good momentum, while slowing down just enough to cultivate character development between the main cast.

I give this film 3.5 stars, or a grade of B+.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Bolt". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I took this in Saturday night. I quite enjoyed it. It isn't something that hasn't been done before, but I thought they did a pretty good job at balancing the humour with a few nicely done character moments. I had a good laugh during a scene involving the Green Eyed Man's Hench cats and Bolt. Rhino the Hamster was a scene stealer, but I admit I had a soft spot for Mittens. After her short monologue, I almost wanted to go out and adopt another cat.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
The pigeons were okay, but they reminded me too much of the three pigeons from Animaniacs which were much better.

This film isn't in any way a groundbreaking film like WALL-E is, but it definitely is entertaining. I actually liked this film better than QoS. It was a much more enjoyable time. It is hard to believe that these animators actually have a better understanding of what made BOND films fun and exciting than Barbara Broccoli does. The opening sequence of this film with some reworking would have made a fitting opening for a BOND movie, at least in my opinion.

It is too bad that this film is most likely going to be a box office disappointment, since it is going up against the teeny bopper film TWILIGHT, but anyone who likes a decent animated film should check it out. Most likely this film won't come any where near the box office take of MADAGASCAR 2 and that will be a shame.

I have to admit that I would have liked to see what they could have done with this film had they played it as a straight adventure movie, like in the opening sequence. In my book, this film is a solid B+.

I'll be waiting for the BD of this one. That way I will actually be able to see a crystal clear picture, instead of the blurry mess that passes for presentation at the local cinema.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Bolt is simply a fun movie. It's also the movie that makes me wish I had avoided all previews and seen it cold. This is worth watching by anyone who enjoys a good Disney animated romp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888
Recent bookmarks