*** Official "BLOOD WORK" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew_Sch, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

Just reading up on Clint's latest project, directed and starred in by the man himself. In it, he plays a retired FBI agent who is commissioned to solve the murder of the woman who donated her heart to him. The transplant has made him feeble, unable to drive, and given him the need to nap frequently. Can he overcome these obstacles to catch the killer? Who knows?[​IMG] This type of film normally wouldn't sound like Academy material, but with Clint aging and without a statue for acting, and the Academy's love of disabled characters, I wouldn't be surprised to see him nominated. Of course, he'll have to turn in a good performance to earn it. Angelica Huston and Jeff Daniels round out the supporting cast.

2. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

3. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

I remember the original script. It was called "Grocery Work" and was about his plight to get to the store for some eggs. [​IMG]
    I'm in for sure. It's good to see Eastwood back on after the ho-hum Space Cowboys. I really liked Absolute Power, so I'm hopeful this turns out well.

4. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

This is near the top of my "Too See" list. While, I wouldn't consider myself a huge Eastwood fan, I have a great deal of respect for him and will give any of his movies a chance. This sounds like an interesting twist for the "Catch the Killer" genre.

I would like to see Clint get a best actor statue, but the odds are against him.

5. Dana Fillhart

Dana Fillhart Supporting Actor

Hopefully he won't be showing his sagging nipples again ala True Crime. *Shudder!*
    (For the record, I liked that movie, but moreso for Denis Leary than Eastwood)

6. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

I've caught a few glances of the trailer for Clint Eastwood's Blood Work and it almost got me thinking it was a sequel to "In the Line of Fire". However in this film, he's an FBI agent, not Secret Service. What got me was the quick references to Oswald and I thought Kennedy, which made me think of In the Line of Fire.

Nelson

7. D. Scott MacDonald

D. Scott MacDonald Supporting Actor

Ironically I just finished reading the book Blood Work about a month ago, and from the trailers it doesn't look like the movie is following the book very closely. In fact, I also thought that it looked a lot like a remake of In the Line of Fire. The book was pretty good, BTW.

8. Reni D

Reni D Stunt Coordinator

The only problem that I have with Eastwood making this type of movies is that they all seem like he is playing Harry Callahan but with a different name.Blood Works just seems like a Dirty Harry movie with out calling it that.Might as well jsut make it a Dirty Harry Movie.

9. Nathan V

Nathan V Supporting Actor

Except that Dirty Harry is not 72 years old. [​IMG]

10. Todd Beachler

Todd Beachler Stunt Coordinator

what the trailer doesn't show is after he cocks that shotgun, he fires it and the force from the gun knocks him down.

clint: Help, I've fallen and can't get up!

11. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim

12. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

Clint got snubbed by Oscar for his work in Pink Cadillac and City Heat. [​IMG]
    IMHO, Blood Work also looks like a sequel to In the Line of Fire to me as well. In the Line of Fire is actually my favorite Clint film, so I'll give Blood Work a chance.
    -Dean-

13. D. Scott MacDonald

D. Scott MacDonald Supporting Actor

14. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Blood Work". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
    All HTF member film reviews of "Blood Work" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.
    Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
    Crawdaddy