What's new

*** Official "BLADE 2" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
The idea for Blade III sounds very interesting. It has alot of "Matrix" simularities but definately would be a cool twist on the franchise. Wish I still lived in NYC so I could see these advanced screenings. Friday just can't get here fast enough. :D

Adnan Sheikh

Stunt Coordinator
I strongly disliked the first one, but with all the excitement being built up around the second, I almost have no choice but to go!

Too bad I'm getting my wisdom teeth out that day. Yarr.

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
I loved the first movie! I refer to it as a "kick-asstravaganza!" It's so over the top, it's in the back!

If Snipes is as cool in this one as he is in the first, you can bet I'll be there.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Mmmmmmm...Japanese schoolgirls....
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Well, to answer the question about Japanese school girls who rap, the answer is no. But they show a lot of scenes of the Powerpuff Girls. That count? I mean, they are inspired by Japanese anime, right?

One thing consistent with both Blades...vamps sure loooove to party. Though, what looked like peeling back skin to expose the spine to do interior tattoos? Er...not yum.

Can't wait until enough people see this to discuss!

Phil

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Phil, re: your second spoiler...

I was really confused by that. If that's what it was (which I don't doubt), YUCK!

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
I think it looks very good and I cant wait to see it. I just saw the first Blade last year so Im pretty syked!

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
I was confused by what I saw, too. They don't dwell on it, but hell, it must get boring being all invincible and undead after a while. Gotta find new thrills. When more folks see the movie, maybe they can help interpret. Yum...

Phil

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
This movie will more than likely surpass Blade financially, and probably cinematically. I can't wait for this!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for Blade 2. Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
All HTF member film reviews of Blade 2 should be posted to this thread.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Crawdaddy

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
This was God Aweful of a film. I enjoyed the first one and will admit alot of the effects are well done in the sequel if they don't surpass the original alltogether. But please there was not one original idea in the whole movie. Cliche after Cliche. And when we had fighting scenes with the Reaper (very original name)completely meaningless/useless. i don't wanna give away any spoilers but c'mon have some real fighting where we as an audience give a damn. This project serves the purpose to keep wesley snipes career afloat for abit longer thats about it. Huge Disapointment.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Aryn - you are the first negative opinion I've encountered.

Others are saying this is on par with Aliens.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
This film was far better then I expected; admittedly, this is not an academy award winning film; but as a popcorn-action film this is a great, well paced movie. I just got back from a screening and found the sound mix to be one that made me say "this will rock on a good system at home"

Effects were solid, pacing was good, acting was good. Yes, there are some cliches, but remember, this is a comic book turned movie. And it's one of the few of those that, in both the original and this movie, it managed to keep some of the cynism and real comic book "darkness" to it while allowing the comic book style to be realized closer to how it appears in the pages.

One of the few I've seen thus far this year that I actually thought was well worth my money.

Robin Warren

Second Unit
This was God Aweful of a film. I enjoyed the first one and will admit alot of the effects are well done in the sequel if they don't surpass the original alltogether. But please there was not one original idea in the whole movie. Cliche after Cliche. And when we had fighting scenes with the Reaper (very original name)completely meaningless/useless. i don't wanna give away any spoilers but c'mon have some real fighting where we as an audience give a damn. This project serves the purpose to keep wesley snipes career afloat for abit longer thats about it. Huge Disapointment.
So basically your saying the effects are better than the first but it did not have any originality. I thought the idea of a race of Vampires that hunt other Vampires to be quite original. It is a comic book movie and is going to be a cliche no matter how you do it. I find your thoughts on the film interesting and hope I don't feel the same way when I get to see it tonight at 7!

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Cheesy movie critic mode: "If you liked the first Blade, you'll LOVE Blade 2!"

I felt that it did everything a sequel should do, and that is surpass the first on every level. Darker, more action, gorier and better bad guys, it had it all. A very fun and satisfying film, I can't wait to see it again. (I only hope that Spider-Man is so satisfying.)

And although it didn't distract from my enjoyment of the film, I felt this was a plot-hole. Concering Whistler's return from the dead. I get that he became a vampire and that another group of vampires kidnapped him. But how in the hell did they get their hands on him? In the 1st and in flashback here they show Blade give the gun to him, we hear a gunshot, and assume he's dead. So what really happend? Did he shoot the gun in the air, and then a group of vampires came in and kidnapped him? So Blade comes back to the chair and he's gone or he's still alive. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Either I missed it or it wasn't explained, what happened after the gunshot?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks