*** Official BECAUSE OF WINN DIXIE Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patrick Sun, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I mainly saw this film because it was directed by Wayne Wang, and I wasn't let down by this tale of a lonely girl who forms unlikely friendships after adopting a dog that runs rampant through a Winn Dixie store while she's doing some shopping, after her preacher father moves him and her to a very rustic small town.

It's a nice film for adults and children alike, and it doesn't do much pandering, and it can be enjoyed on different levels. Kudos must go to AnnaSophia Robb, who is the lonely girl, Opal, and is really good in this film. Also, the dog(s) playing Winn Dixie also do a nice job (I know, it's mainly editing, but still).

I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B.

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Because of Winn Dixie". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

3. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    My daughters and I saw this over the weekend. We enjoyed it. Cute at times; thoughtful at other times. Some predictable moments but thats okay for a film like this.

Both my girls had small tears in their eyes and also a big grin too. That's all the confirmation I needed to know that they really liked it and were moved by it. I was too.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] out of [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]