What's new

Batman Begins (2005) (1 Viewer)

Britton

Screenwriter

That's somewhat interesting because I've heard rumors that Robin Williams' name was thrown around for casting of the Joker to bait Jack Nicholson into accepting the role in Burton's movie.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Yeah, and Williams was pretty pissed too, I think, because he turned down the role of the Riddler in Batman Forever, according to some places.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Glover is unreliable at best. I don't think he has the pathos.

As an aside, we have a nine page B2 speculation thread better suited to discussion of the sequel and casting choices. Do a search...lots of info already there :)

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I watched this the other night for about the tenth time and the movie always continues to amaze me.

The plotting is great, the acting is great, the thrills are great, it's just a great movie.

My favorite film of 2005.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Josh:

Agree with your take completely. Nolan put an amazing vision on screen, and the BB sequel is (now) easily my most anticipated movie.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I was watching Mallrats the other night. And I know that Kevin Smith is a big Bats fan. Just wondering if he ever discussed what he thought of Batman Begins?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
The mark of a truly outstanding film is how the experience just grows over time and the way it still feels fresh and exciting despiting knowing it well. :)

Such is Batman Begins. When I first got the HD-DVD version back in 2006 I sampled a few scenes etc...but didn't watch the entire film.

Fast forward nearly 2 years and with the soon to be released The Dark Knight & now BB on Blu-ray, it was the perfect opportunity to revisit this.

I loved it back in 2005 and I love it even more now. Really, it's a rare film that is so deftly crafted. Nearly every moment is right on. I'm sure we can nitpick a few moments here and there but I tell you...there's not much to pick at. I am still amazed at the amount of talent on screen and how they got em all signed up! Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Rutger Haur, Christian Bale, Gary Oldman... (I'm sure I've left some out).

The screenplay is tight, the direction is equally so and the action is tops. But the story & how it's played out is what makes the experience so rich. Too often we're superficially wowed by effects and stunts but no depth and those films just don't hold up. Batman Begins has real depth and makes us believe.

It just works.

Batman Begins has grown into one of my alltime favorites and 'gulp' has replaced Superman-The Movie as my top comic book type film. :)

wolfman8796

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I have been unable to find the teaser trailer and the final trailer for batman begins on any dvds, especially dvds owned by Warner Bros., I own the batman begins dvd, but that only comes with the first trailer...So does anyone know which dvd has the teaser trailer and the final trailer for batman begins??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks