*** Official ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Brett_M, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Brett_M

Brett_M Screenwriter

Nov 19, 2004
    Brett Meyer
    I caught a sneak preview last night. Basically, the new movie is probably what you'd expect. New twists and turns, a lot of explosions, and snappy, on-the-nose dialog. The only problem is, it lacks the simplicity and tension of the original. Maybe a better way to describe it is it's not as cool. But I'm a huge fan of the original. I went into it with an open mind because I had faith in the cast. James DeMonaco's by the numbers script simply could not live up to it's predecessor, even with a large budget and big name talent.

I enjoyed the characters and the look of the film. The cinematography, editing, and sound did not disappoint. (I have to admit, it was nice seeing the Detroit skyline on film.)

If you like violent action, humor, and stunt casting, check it out.

If you like the original, don't bother.

It's worth a rental later on, just for comparison.
  2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Dec 9, 1998
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Assault on Precinct 13". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

3. Dave Hackman

Dave Hackman Stunt Coordinator

Jan 11, 2000
    This movie is hot. Bitches looking for sex amongst in impeding conflict with rouge cops are hot. Cop killer mobster overall bad man Morpheus is fat faced and hot. Junky hero cop Ethan Hawke is a little dumb but hot. Referring to oneself in 3rd person as Ja Rule does is Smiley hot. Black mama who can handle a gun and hot wire a vehicle is hot. Showing people getting brutally shot with blood spatter is hot and messy. Multiple stabbings with good blood spurts is pulse haltering hot. Cops with no mercy are hot. Women wearing basically bikinis in a snowstorm is hot for me not them. Women talking smack and backing it up are hot. Snipers are red laser hot. People literally on fire are skin melting hot. An angry dog that can take a punch is hot. This review is probably not too hot of an idea.

Trust me you wont fall asleep there is plenty of action. The acting is pretty sad and the dialog will make you cringe at times but who cares just sit back and enjoy the bullets and deaths and laugh along with some of the silly behavior.