What's new

Official Apple WWDC Keynote Discussion Thread (LIVE) June 2nd, 2014 (1 Viewer)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
At the end of the keynote, Tim Cook asked "would everyone from Apple standup that had something to do with making today possible" (or words to that effect) and it appeared a very large percentage of the audience rose from their seats.

Am I the only person that found that odd? Given the popularity of the event, why would Apple allow so many of its own employees in the audience displacing actual developers? Were they just stuffing the audience to ensure reactions to announcements were enthusiastic enough? Have they done this before?

-Keith

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm currently using a Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone and I like it a lot, the camera and battery life are stunning, I went from a Samsung Galaxy S4 that had terrible Battery life. I went to the nokia because I could not deal with the Iphones small screen anymore, but I will definitely be interested in the 5.5 in version of the Iphone 6

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
6000 devs, 1000 apple employees there, looked reasonable to me and about the same percentage of every one before...
5000 Devs, 1000 Apple employees to be exact and the exact same ratio as every past year.

My photos from Jim Dalrymple's WWDC AltBeard Bash:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ted_todorov/sets/72157644595120407/

The Talk Show/ATP live with John Gruber, John Siracusa & co.:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ted_todorov/sets/72157644608346730/

P.S. 5000 devs at WWDC, and probably a million elsewhere are going nuts over Swift. Huge.

Fixed talk show link.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Cool. I'm listening to the podcast this afternoon as I drive about :)

I didn't know Casey Liss was such a handsome fellow. I dislike him now.

;)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ted Todorov said:
The Talk Show/ATP live with John Gruber, John Siracusa & co.
How was the talk show live? Particularly, did the comedian play well to the live audience? This the second or third time I've heard him on the live podcast, and for me the show dies on the vine when he takes over. But maybe he's a great act if you're a programmer seeing him in person?

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
DaveF said:
How was the talk show live? Particularly, did the comedian play well to the live audience? This the second or third time I've heard him on the live podcast, and for me the show dies on the vine when he takes over. But maybe he's a great act if you're a programmer seeing him in person?
He was fine both time -- the audience was laughing hard, which apparently didn't make it to the "tape" - at least not last year. Beyond that, with rare exception I don't like stand up comedy, so I would have been just as happy without him.

All in all I greatly enjoyed the Talk Show live -- but this year especially so because of the rich WWDC news and getting to see John Siracusa. I've also seen On The Verge or whatever it was called live twice, and that was very good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread