What's new

Official AMAZON PRIME DAY (July 15th) Bargains and Purchases Thread (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I have to wonder tho if most of us complaining are doing so from a place of privilege and entitlement that the mass of actual buyers who found value in the sale find objectionable.

The alternative is that people really were buying junk just to buy.

I hope it's the former.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's probably some of both with a dash of "one man's treasure is another man's trash" thrown in.

Anyone who has ever run a yard sale will know the truth of how effective it can be to out a high price on something just to cross it off a couple of times and call it a "BIG SALE" with the resulting price being close to what you think it's actually worth.

But the psychological difference--for some people--in seeing a sign that says "$50" versus seeing a sign that says "$85 $65 REDUCED $50!" can be huge!

And...I suppose for some people a family pack of brass knuckles is quite useful! :biggrin:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
They've also stated several times it was "more packages sold" but *not* "more money made" on Prime Day.

I think it's quite a lot of what Mike says combined with Sam's observation. People saw a "reduced" price and jumped on it just to buy something. I know there were many items I had interest in purchasing but when I saw the "sale" price on most was only a dollar or two off the "regular" price I just said "no, not for that little a discount." Not surprisingly those were the *very* items I'd see "sell out" in minutes, if not seconds.

Hank_P

Second Unit
  • Not really pilling on here, as I saw it about like everyone else. I had actually loaded up my cart the week before to see what the differences were going to be. Of 10 items, 7 increased, 2 decreased by a few pennies, and one no-change. One item, just some socks, normally sold for $12 for a pack of 6. Prime Day sale, they went to $17.85. This week they were back to $12 so I purchased them, as I wanted them. I'm sorry, I still shake my head when I hear "it was the best Prime Day sale ever".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks