What's new

Official AMAZON PRIME DAY (July 15th) Bargains and Purchases Thread (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A few more LD (not necessarily Prime Only)and some remarkable poor 'deals'

Blurays

Revolution: The Complete Series $24.99
Fifty Shades of Grey (Unrated … $13.99
Human Planet: The Complete Series $21.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Seven… $43.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Sixth… $43.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Fifth… $43.49

All 3 of the Doctor Who sets have been 19.99 previously, Human Planet for around 15, and Revolution was less than $20 last Xmas

The best deal of Prime Day on a bluray set I've seen so far was the Complete Sons of Anarchy Bluray
set for Amazon Uk for around $60-65

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I wonder if Amazon realizes that these "Deals" are not convincing anyone new to sign up for Prime? I thought about it a bit prior to today; now I'm glad I saved my $99 if this is representative of the deals they offer their Prime members.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Ronald Epstein said:
C'mon Guys....

Amazon actually came through with its promise to save its customers money all day long.

I saved quite a bit of money not buying any of the worthless junk they were offering.
Zing! The funny thing is that many or maybe even most of the deals are 100% sold out so someone is buying.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
A lot of people buy when something is presented to them as a "Deal!"

It's like watching the shopping channels. Or going to close-out "Up to 70% off!" sales at stores that are already out of business.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Lord of the Rings extended box is $27.99 today, which is a solid price for that set...but I realized I never watch the DVDs anymore and don't remember the last time I put them in, so I'm not sure if there is really value in upgrading it.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Honestly, I have much better things to do than sit around all day and hit F5 waiting for a deal. No thanks, Amazon.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Charles Smith said:
A lot of people buy when something is presented to them as a "Deal!"

It's like watching the shopping channels. Or going to close-out "Up to 70% off!" sales at stores that are already out of business.

Remember the electronic store's name that Zohan's friend ran in Don't Mess with the Zohan: "Going Out of Business."

I haven't seen any deals worth buying. I'm a Prime member but this isn't good at all.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
Zing! The funny thing is that many or maybe even most of the deals are 100% sold out so someone is buying.

Sure and if you have 10 items to sell, you can fudge a lot of "Sell Outs" that really don't mean a lot.

Some the stuff that is selling just makes no sense though

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Right now, based on news reports and the Twitter feed for #PrimeDay, this has turned into a very bad day for Amazon, image wise. They are being made fun of endlessly. I guess if they actually get some new Prime customers that stick past the 30 day free trial they may consider it worth it but I'm sure the reaction they're getting is not what they hoped for.

MW-DQ124_prime_20150715105903_ZH.jpg

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yeah I'm not advocating anyone else buy a 4k TV. I want a bigger tv for my office and there is no point saving a few bucks buying a 1080p one when I will want to replace it soon enough. That Samsung at $1k with the movie pack and 4x 3d glasses hits near my 'just do it' zone. I waited and missed it, no big deal. There will be plenty of bargains and plenty more content at Black Friday, and it will be post vacation for me, bonus.

If someone wants 4k in 2015 I think I'd urge catious optimism, not laugh at them

Laughing at them hardly seems what we are all about here at HTF, amirite???

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I've actually made a few purchases:

Hi-Speed Micro-USB 3.0 Sync and Charge Cable - $1.50 - It's actually for work so I don't have to look for one when it's needed.

Some Skylanders for the grandkids (those have been 50% or more off and *are* deals).

All the "deals" I've seen on media are pretty laughable. Anything I'd be remotely interested in purchasing I already own and paid *less* than the "deal" prices. Sad part is all of those purchases came from Amazon.

I'm constantly amazed at what sells out quickly. Do people not track or check prices?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Woah 1.2k 4ks

An Amazon spokesperson sent us the following comment on Prime Day at 1:30 p.m. Eastern:
"Prime Day peak order rates have already surpassed 2014 Black Friday. Prime members have bought tens of thousands of Fire TV Sticks, 35,000 Lord of the Rings Blu-Ray sets, 28,000 Rubbermaid sets, and 4,000 Echos in 15 minutes. The Kate Spade purse was gone in less than a minute. The 1.2K of $999 TVs sold out in less than 10 minutes and there are thousands more deals coming. New deals start every ten minutes until late tonight."

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
To Kill a Mockingbird on blu-ray was a lightning deal for $7.99 -- unfortunately I missed it -- although since it was $11.99 yesterday, that's really not a tremendous price cut anyway. On Black Friday I've found good movies for $3 or $4...not so much today. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread