What's new

*** Official ALIEN VS. PREDATOR Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich

Your points are my points so thanks for making them.

I read the whole thread, it is quite telling how the early posters lashed out and there has been quite a turnaround in reaction recently. Kinda makes you wonder whether some were more concerned about the effect on their Alien Quadrilogy set rather than giving this film a fair chance. Doesn't matter, my flat out prediction is that Alien Vs. Predator DVD will fly off the shelves upon release.

Also interesting that people seem to have trouble with the concept that Antarctica might have been warm in one part of Earth's history but don't equally struggle with the premise that the Queen Alien can be anchored to one spot for 100 years without any apparent ill effect ... hmmmm.

One thing I did miss. What was/happened to the weapon that the girl slid over to the Predator? Almost immediately, an Alien attacked and I lost track of it.

Brian_J

Second Unit
Hey I'm still trying to figure out how Weyland gets reincarnated as a robot in all those Alien movies? ;)Brian

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I just remembered something about the acid blood. Doesn't it completely oxidize upon death? I thought that's what Bishop said in Aliens. So it's not too far fetched that the acid works for a little while after death and not so afterwards.

Don't ask me how the acid oxidizes. I'm not aware of any acid blood that does that. Makes you wonder about the redox reaction for that. :)

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor

I can't believe no one's griped about this: the last predator starts the timer on his nuke and he and the female lead start running like they expect to get clear of it. But they've been trapped in a pyramid where they have to wait ten minutes for each change of the walls to get into the next room!

Oh well...

Matt Leigh

Stunt Coordinator
I think the team was well armed because they were expecting the "Heat Bloom" to attract another team from god knows where who may claim the temple for themselves.

The Queen Alien will most likely die...not from the cold water or the lack of oxygen but from the weight of the water tower thing that she was attached to dragging her down to the bottom of the ocean. Perhaps the water pressure crushes her when she gets down far enough?

I'm surprised that the 2 pieces of Predator lore were cut or not included. That was the imitation of speech and the technology they use to heal themselves.

If I were Anderson and had to recut the film for a DVD release I would add imitated human Predator speak in while the creature is teamed up with the girl and is wearing the helmet. Just like looping lines normally but he could put in whatever he wanted to further the plot or clarify some details.

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

Why not from the cold water or lack of O2? We've seen the Aliens live in the vacuum of space, but that's not to say how long they could.

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
Has anyone mentioned the idea of the pyramid shifting from the Cube movies? Interesting. I had no expectations going in, and I liked the story; I thought it would have been much worse, actually. I enjoyed it. One thing we thought of though... Can't Predators run faster than humans? (He could have carried her and run faster than her)

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Paul W.S. Anderson Responds to 'Alien vs Predator' Link

Its the same guy that posted on IMDB

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
I am glad to hear that. A directors cut can only be great. I enjoyed the film as much as possibly could. An extra half hour of death and gore would be awesome.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I have not seen anyone mention the funny bit where Weyland was doing the old knife game on his own hand using a pen. If you recall from "Aliens" he does the "knife trick" on Hudson. He is doing a subtle bit of that while sitting in front of a PC in an early scene. I thought it was cool.

Ooh! Ooh! One other quick thing...

What 2 actors have been killed on screen by a Terminator, an Alien and a Predator? :)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I saw this over at Dark Horizons..

Paul Anderson Talks AVP Cut
Posted: Thursday August 19th, 2004 8:44pm (Au-EST)

Author: Garth Franklin
Source:

With no press screenings before any interviews, no-one has really had a chance to query the filmmakers on what went wrong with the quickly divisive "Alien vs. Predator". Questions have swirled about the PG-13 rating, the truncated runtime, the questionable elements that seem to ignore the previous film lore (eg. the sped up alien breeding cycle).

In a special Q&A industry screening, Paul W.S. Anderson was there to take questions from the audience about the film after it was shown and Bloody Disgusting was on hand to file a report. Here's a look at the most important questions:

"About the studio's cutting of the film, which he had no control over, he said, and I quote, "All of the best scenes were cut." Anderson was obviously very annoyed at the way the film was released. However, this was not purely because of the PG-13 limitation, which incidentally, the studio enforced THREE WEEKS before the release date! It was always going to be R until then.

Part of the reason for the cutting was that some of the effects were not ready by the time the release date came around. The effects team had very little time to do anything.

As far as the content that was cut, apparently we see all those who die, die on screen, but he also said that there is a sub-plot that we will have to wait for on DVD. Yes there will be an R-rated Director's cut DVD although they don't know the release date yet".

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Answer: Bill Paxton

Can't wait for an extended DVD.:emoji_thumbsup:

Btw, the Bishop/knife/pen scene was mentioned a few times previously in this thread.

Brian Sheffield

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian

Answers: Bill Paxton and Lance Hendriksen

I hope there is a longer cut on DVD. I enjoyed this one more than I expected, but if the extrea footage would help, I'm all for it.

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
I enjoyed it too. One of the things that was strange was that in one scene(when they were running), a predator would be as tall as a human and in another he would tower over a human. Tight story but wish they would have shown more of the ancient hunt(the Aztec or Mayan part told in the flashback). I'll probably buy the sp. ed. when it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks