What's new

*** Official 28 DAYS LATER Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Matt_P

Second Unit
The Fox website suggests "wear a red shirt and see what happens..." at any of the preview screenings around the country.

Does anyone know what happens? Free stuff?

Just curious.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Oh my god. This movie was incredible.

I'm still going over the parts I loved the best. There was just so much to like. Credible zombies who are completely threatening. Protagonists I actually like and care about their survival. Good actors. Great score and song selection.

I need to see this when it reaches wide release, but this looks to be joining the ranks of Night of and Dawn of.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Now that I've gone back to read the thread, I'd have to say that I really liked the third act. In many ways, I felt like it built off of Weinberg, you fucker. I had seen a moving vehicle in the theater and so I was looking for that. :)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Credible zombies who are completely threatening.
I thought it was one of the best aspects of the film. Instead of the usual "wait for them to slowly gain on you" routine (not that I don't love that), we have the holy fuck I would be dead if an Infected came within 200 metres of me. :)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Man, am I ever pumped to see this film again. I'm anticipating viewing this from a higher level perspective now that I've seen it.

I wonder how it will find an audience when its sandwiched between Hulk and Charlie's Angels 2. I mean, both of them are likely vying for the same male audience, so how many are going to remember that little horror movie that was "scary as hell"?

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Just a little positive word:

Rotten Tomatoes has a huge 87% positive on this one (91% for the Cream of the Crop). I'd call that well received. With some luck, it will find the success that it(opinion) deserves.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just a couple of questions for those who saw the movie.
The jet that sees (& supposedly rescues) them. Is it a British plane?
Another question one would assume is that with the quick infection rate and Britain being an island. The infection could be contained there. Unless, they walk through the chunnel. ;)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
On the other hand, the Fox people could A) be smarter than I think they are, B) really love the movie, and C) are willing to give it a major summertime push. Still, not a great idea. Have these guys SEEN the July/August lineup? This flick would get demolished like a Krispy Kreme after bongtime.
Okay, so Scott said this quite awhile ago, but while CA2 will go strong against 28 Days Later, you have to feel the Blair Witch like momentum building with this one. Perhaps not quite as strong, but definitely brooding. I think this film could be a strong-legged earner in the release spot they gave it and will very likely do much better here than it would have back in the winter crap season.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I remember thinking that - but Fox chose a great weekend for the release. Plus they've been advertising it VERY well.

I'd love to be proven wrong and see this movie make $30 million + this weekend!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely, Matt. I have a small crew of friends who have been hearing me swoon over the flick since February. So now they're all hyped to see it.

We'll probably all go see it Sunday afternoon.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "28 Days Later" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "28 Days Later" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I personally loved this film. Although I question why every review I read is so against the final act? I did love however in Eberts review, when he stated that it would have been awesome if the plane came back and fired upon them.

Kami

Screenwriter
I will be seeing it ASAP, but how does it look being shot on DV and all? I remember seeing the trailer in theaters...hello pixels! ;)

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw this movie and really liked it as well. One thing that hasn't been mentioned that I think deserves it is the cinematography; several times I was amazed by the beauty of the shots.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
One thing that hasn't been mentioned that I think deserves it is the cinematography; several times I was amazed by the beauty of the shots.
The shots may have been composed well, but the quality of the digital photography was godawful. I can't imagine how some of those who freak out over the slightest bit of edge enhancement on DVDs will deal with the 35mm blowup; people sometimes had giant halos around their heads like Byzantine icons. I think it really tended to cheapen the effect of the otherwise interesting cinematography. While I don't expect digital to look as good as film, there's got to be a happy medium where it doesn't look annoying the whole time. I sometimes felt like I was watching a bootleg I had downloaded.

However, having the final sequence shot on film did set a noticeably different tone...

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks