Official 2020 Oscar Nominations Thread

andySu

Effects Supervisor
Leo, claps at Renee, very softly I could barely hear it? I think Leo, was petting himself. lol

Wayne_j

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I think it was the screenplays and supporting actor, though to be truthful I'm only half paying attention to the show.
Yup those were it and it really isn't a big deal. I was intending my reply to be tongue in cheek.

Wayne_j

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
And they just answered my question, this is the first foreign language film to win Best Picture.

Reactions: Tino

Malcolm R

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
So, mostly a shutout for 1917? Only effects, sound and cinematography?

Also mostly shunned was Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood. I thought it had a chance at BP when they passed over it for screenplay and director, but I guess they just don't like Tarantino that much.

Edwin-S

Lead Actor
Premium
Parasite? Wow, that is surprising. I was half musing that it might win but I didn't think a foreign film would ever be picked for Best Picture. I was sure it would go to OUATIH because of its Hollywood connections.

Reactions: Malcolm R

Edwin-S

Lead Actor
Premium
Bong Joon got Best Director, right? I guess that would have been a reasonably good indicator that his film might get BP.

Mark Booth

Effects Supervisor
Premium
Wow, lots of surprises tonight. I guess I’ll have to watch ‘Parasite’ now.

Glad that Brad Pitt, Renée Zellweger and Roger Deakins won. Those were the three I was most confident about.

Mark

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granite11