What's new

Official 2020 Oscar Nominations Thread (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Love John Williams, but I'm surprised he was even nominated since to my ears the "Rise of Skywalker" score was mainly rearrangements of themes he wrote for the previous 8 films.
I agree but I wanted to see him get one more Oscar since he's the best and it may be his last shot at winning. As an aside, The Last Jedi score actually did expand on what he did in the other movies.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I agree but I wanted to see him get one more Oscar since he's the best and it may be his last shot at winning. As an aside, The Last Jedi score actually did expand on what he did in the other movies.
I agree that both TFA and TLJ had effective new themes. I just didn't hear much of that in TRoS. Still, a very enjoyable "greatest hits" score.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sorry but c’mon, any predictions after the award has been given is disqualified. ;)

I didn't even know they were already on when I made my guesses. Still, I can see your.point but, in my defense, I didn't know who had won what.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Was that an eye roll from Spike? Well not really an eye roll but a look like he didn’t approve.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Thomas Newman screwed again. What does the Academy have against him?
He’s too old school for academy voters, even though his style isn’t as old school as some of the other nominees. If you’re not doing something edgy, moody or modern, you’ve got little chance to when this award. Joker was the worst of the bunch by a far margin, the other 4 scores are 10x better IMO.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I didn't even know they were already on when I made my guesses. Still, I can see your.point but, in my defense, I didn't know who had won what.
Unfortunately you were 3 for 3 at that point so we won't believe you:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks