Official 2020 Oscar Nominations Thread

andySu

Effects Supervisor
I'm only spot on with Ford vs Ferrari with a possibly likely 1917 so not bad and that's it for my predictions.

Craig S

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Cynthia Erivo is mega-talented and a for-sure future Oscar winner. This past week I've been watching her in HBO's Stephen King adaptation "The Outsider". A completely different role for her and she's killing it.

andySu

Effects Supervisor
Visual effects awarded to 1917
Seems like star wars won't be awarded best music as its a lousy star wars, disney killed it. Let something fresh and new be awarded for music score.

Reactions: Detour (1945)

andySu

Effects Supervisor
last star wars disney killed it awarded John Williams will not be awarded mark my words.

Craig S

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Thomas Newman wrote the score for the 1994 "Little Women". The current film's excellent score is by Alexandre Desplat.

Hoping Newman wins for his current work, "1917".

Love John Williams, but I'm surprised he was even nominated since to my ears the "Rise of Skywalker" score was mainly rearrangements of themes he wrote for the previous 8 films.

andySu

Effects Supervisor
Thomas Newman wrote the score for the 1994 "Little Women". The current film's excellent score is by Alexandre Desplat.

Hoping Newman wins for his current work, "1917".

Love John Williams, but I'm surprised he was even nominated since to my ears the "Rise of Skywalker" score was mainly rearrangements of themes he wrote for the previous 8 films.
That's right. I heard clip on youtube and cringed at star wars disney and switched it off! I heard it all before. I don't want hear it for disney fanboys. Rather hear something new and fresh.

andySu

Effects Supervisor
Seems like disney is getting queer on youtube tonight, taking down live oscars just cos disney star wars is losing. :D

Craig S

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
A female composer. It wasn't my favorite score (sorry, I really didn't like "Joker"), but she is very talented. She did very edgy and effective work on HBO's "Chernobyl" series.

Reactions: Tina_H_V

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
singhjabar