What's new

Official 2013 Oscar Nominations Thread (1 Viewer)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Well, I hope you're correct with the Director as well so that I can feel better about being the only person on the planet not to love LINCOLN.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Too bad he didn't get in the rhythms d hues bankruptcy and layoff before he was run from the stage. And academy for the unemployed a

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Visual Effects was the first category so far that I thought they flat out got wrong. Not the Life of Pi team didn't do great work, they did. But because it simply wasn't on the scale nor possessed the innovation of the work for The Avengers. So far, I'm one for four on the major categories.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I am rocking the predictions. Perfect so far.. Damn, that didn't last long. But Les Mis was my second choice, so.. I can't feel too bad. It was great work on their part. I just didn't think it was the feat that Hobbit was considering

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Glad he got ran off, no body tunes in to hear these people's political bs. I haven't seen Life of Pi yet but, all the previews and promotional stuff I've seen makes it look like a movie that was shot mostly in front of a green screen. Should a movie like that real win for cinematography when most of the imagery was created in a computer? I have no issues with it winning for fx but, I was hoping Skyfall would win for cinematography, that was a beautifully shot movie. I really want to see Life of Pi so maybe ill change my mind. Did the Avengers really innovate? I love the movie, one of my favorite of the year but, the fx were the same thing we see every summer from the tent pole blockbusters IMO.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Chris Will
Glad he got ran off, no body tunes in to hear these people's political bs.
Yeah, not so much political BS. Every one of the VFX guys who worked on Life of Pi got canned when the business went under because of project overruns that didn't pay. So, they won an academy award, meanwhile they are all out protesting outside the arena because most of them didn't get paid and lost their jobs. They deserved at least a mention, and hopefully someone picks them up.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Bam! So far, I've only missed one. Though I don't think my luck is going to hold, I'm happy with it as is. I'm pretty assured in my mind of 3 more right (Hathaway, Skyfall/Song, Daniel Day Lewis). The rest are up for grabs..

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I cannot believe we went from an array of Jew jokes and then we run a skit where Seth ends up being in the role of the Nazi stage director from Sound of Music

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Michael Elliott
Is it just me or does Affleck really seem mad or like he wishes he was somewhere else???
He reportedly HATED the Gigli joke which was not part of the script before..

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Interesting. I wasn't sure if it was a joke or just because he wasn't nominated. Glad to see Ang Lee win. Feel bad for Jennifer. :)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I'm so glad they dropped the gloating over each actor/actress nominee segments before those awards. OMG, I just threw up a little. Oh, the next 4 years can't end quick enough.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Wow, Argo. I didn't see that one coming, I thought Life of Pi was going to win. I enjoyed Seth tonight, would love for him to return next year. I was hoping he was going to walk out on stage with Stewie at one point though, I'm probably alone in that thought.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Am I crazy, or is the producer of Argo the guy who really loved Linda Hamilton's coffee in "Dante's Peak"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks