What's new

*** Official 2009 Warner Chat and Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Good God am I the only one interested primarily in post-70's cinema? Not to knock anyone who likes stuff from the 30's (I own several classics myself) but there are still plenty of fine contemporary flicks that haven't been released yet and others that need to be re-released properly, like Runaway Train and Frantic, among others. Also, someone mentioned an extended version of When Time Ran Out. I would've loved to see it. For me, A dvd is incomplete if part of any movie is missing. I think all movies, regardless of quality, should be released in its complete form.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I was only using When Time Ran Out as an example. Its no masterpiece, but if there's a longer version of the movie in existence I would like to be able to take a look at it just to see what was cut. Like I said I believe all films deserve to be represented as the director intended. Most films are cut and trimmed for various reasons. Another example: Alien 3. I liked the theatrical version already but the longer cut definitely added another layer of excitement for me and I love the movie even more. Fox gave us a rare opportunity to see the longer cut and that's what I find most exciting about movies: when we are given a chance to see alternate versions of our favorite films regardless of how good or bad they are.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan

And, oftentimes, the director's preferred cut is not the longest, most extended version, as is the case with extended versions of DUNE, DAWN OF THE DEAD, SUPERMAN, and others.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That's very true and most of the time the extended version doesn't make the film any better in my opinion.

Crawdaddy

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
If anyone from Warner is reading this- could you please give some serious thought to offering a sister site built around simple HTML? I'm on a mobile device, and while I have no problem doing business with Amazon, Deep Discount, DVDPlanet, and a dozen others on a regular basis, all the flash makes the archive site completely inaccessible. I'd love to throw some business your way right now, but the site is so "gee whiz cool", I can't.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'm just happy they're going to handle the silents with Kevin Brownlow's help, even if it's taking a while. Better to do it right than put out a half-assed DVD from an older video master.

Count me in as one who would buy Barry Lyndon on BluRay.

I misunderstood the blast at the end where the moderation was turned off and I ended up blurting out a question, though.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I wanted to ask about Raintree County and Ben-Hur Blu-ray's too but, I was stuck on a screen that only allowed me to change my nick name. Strange as I was able to ask questions when we had the chat on The Robe just a week ago.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Ben Hur is undergoing a new transfer, I'm pretty sure Warner will want to issue it on Blu-ray and DVD this year to capitalise on the 50th Anniversary.

Raintree County was due out last year, but it is possible they pushed it back because of the economy and setting up Warner Archive. I'm expecting it this year.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
A restored version of RAINTREE COUNTY is something I have wanted for a long time as well.

I was really happy to read they uncovered the original negative of the 1934 version of THE MERRY WIDOW , now hopefully they will also release the silent version of THE MERRY WIDOW.

Other silents I would like to see released (and restored) include DON JUAN and LA BOHEME.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I agree! I'd love to see that longer version of the song, it's one of my favorites from the soundtrack album. I almost included "Meek Shall Inherit" in my question, but I figured it would just make things more confusing.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
If Warners does do a follow up chat, I'll make sure I'm there pestering them about a anamorphic widescreen The American President.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I broke down a few months ago and bought it, but would gladly double dip on it. Maybe a 15th Anniversary Edition next year?

Thanks for the chat, Warners. It's awesome that you take the time to interact with your supporters and customers.

felipenor

Stunt Coordinator
We're in 2009 and they're still evaluating the film elements? 5 years ago I thought all their films would be out by now...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks