*** OFFICIAL "2 FAST 2 FURIOUS" Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patrick Sun, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Jun 30, 1999
    You pretty much know what you're going to get with sequels to films like this (fast cars racing, faster car chases, and some eye candy on the sidelines), but it was a fun thrill ride. I thought Tyrese's character was hilarious in spots. Paul Walker's character is pretty much a blank stock character, but he had the good fortune of being in the first one, so he's carrying on the franchise for now.

Recommended as a matinee, and for knowing what it is.

I give it 2.5 stars or a grade of C+.
  2. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Jun 3, 1999
    This is now the Official Review Thread for "2 Fast 2 Furious". Please post all reviews, links to outside reviews, etc. in this thread ONLY.

Please do not post discussion related material to this thread (such posts may be deleted without warning.)

The official discussion thread for "2 Fast 2 Furious" can be found HERE

Jason Whyte
    Home Theater Forum

"I need more NOS!"
  3. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Jul 4, 1997
    Maybe one of the first movies I will give this review to this year: this is terrible.

The acting is terrible. The plot is non-sensical and doesn't line up with the first movie at all (in other words, in almost every sense, outside of cars, it has nothing to do with the first film)

Their are moments of disbelief in this film so wide you might as well have inserted "K.I.T.T." from Knight Rider.

On the plus side, the music, if you prefer rap and techno-driven stuff is OK, and the sound mix is very good.

But when the best thing about a film is the sound mix, something isn't right. I found "Fast & The Furious" to be a true "turn off your brain and enjoy" kind of film; so I was willing to try the second. "2 Fast 2 Furious" is simply 2 Stupid 2 Be Entertaining.

[​IMG] / [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]