OfficeMax and Hi-Val CDR rebate - OTL???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Ch, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

Hi, I need some help from fellow bargain/rebate hunters here. I brought a 100 CDR Hi-Val brand spindle in August, with a $30 rebate at OfficeMax. Some people may remember it, as it was kicked around in this forum for a little while. I sent in my rebate in August (8/20), and after a couple of months, I checked Hi-Val's website and my name was there for rebate, so far so good. 10 weeks went by, nothing, went back to their rebate check, send an inquiry email, got a reply within a couple of days, saying that, yes, you do have a qualified rebate check coming, the batch of rebates will be processed in mid November, it's later than promiseg, but I should get my check soon after that.
    Nothing when Decemeber came around, went to their website, sent another inquiry mail, this time, no reply. Started from last week, their website, www.hival.com, is no longer. The www.rebateservice.com site that they used, is gone too.
    Checked OfficeMax.com last night and they still has Hi-Val products with manufacturer rebate, what gives? Has anyone gotten rebate from Hi-Val?? BTW, another company, IOMagic, also uses www.rebateservice.com to track rebates, when I went to IOMagic's site and click on their "rebate" tab, sure enough, the www.rebateservice.com site is no longer.

2. SteveBjr

SteveBjr Stunt Coordinator

I went through a whole lot of trouble trying to get my rebate with Office Max. My rebate was on the 200 CDR set and i sent it in shortly after receiving the CDR's. A couple of days later i get an email telling me that it's not a valid rebate because the store i ordered it from was not participating in that particular rebate. This upset me because i had ordered it online and it specifically said in their online store that it will come with a rebate and it did, but i get shot down after i send it. It took many emails but they finally agreed to give me my $35 rebate. Thats probably the last time i'll use Office Max rebates again. They really aren't worth the hassle.

3. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I have had problems with them as well. I have done a few rebates for CD cases and other small $$ items with no trouble, but the larger ones have been a pain. Last year my father had a rebate tossed out because he didn't include an email address on the form. Well, he didn't even own a computer, so he certainly didn't have an email address. After about 8 months of hassling with it, he did get his rebate.

4. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

Thanks for the inputs, FYI: my email inquiry to OfficeMax resulted in an 800 phone number for HiVal, that particular response was fairly fast (2 days). HiVal's website is back, but link to rebate is still not working, it's better though, now instead of URL not resolve, I actually got to rebateservice website that said they are changing server and expect to be back in service "shortly", I think I will wait till after new year to put the "hammer" on.