What's new

Office Season Two Question? (1 Viewer)

Mick Tees

Second Unit
I understand the Office Season Two DVD set it getting rave reviews. Mostly because of all the extra or bonus features.

My question is: Which disc is the blooper reel on? I believe that I saw on Access Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight earlier this week that they said the blooper reel was 15 minutes long.

Is it spread out over all four discs or is it on just one? Which one?

Thanks....

(p.s. - this is on my wife's wishlist for Christmas)

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
The Office Season 2 is even better than the reviews indicate. It is now my favorite show on TV. The gag reel is only on one disc and that is disc #4.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Yes, this is a great set. Each episode has around ten minutes of deleted scenes, mostly subplots that were cut out. So, it is like getting 6 extra episodes.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Best comedy on television, period. The Season 3 premiere ("Gay Witch Hunt") was hysterical.

My only complaint about the season 2 set is the lack of a "play all" feature on the fake PSAs. VERY minor blemish on an otherwise stellar set.

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, this is a great set. Each episode has around ten minutes of deleted scenes, mostly subplots that were cut out. So, it is like getting 6 extra episodes.
It would be terrific if one could watch an episode all the way through, with the deleted scenes where they were before being cut, rather being accessible only outside the chronology of the episode. Is this by chance possible with The Office's deleted scenes?

It is, in fact, ironic, that the early 90's VHS "Director's Versions" of movies such as "Godfather III" and "JFK," which contained 10-20 minutes of additional scenses, presented the original and new material in one seemless presentation, but that with the technological advances that DVD presents over VHS, DVD releases include alternate and deleted scenes on a separate disk, or at least have them accessible only outside the chronology of the episode, rather than incorporated directly into the episode.

Joe Reinwald

Stunt Coordinator
Without echoing what has been said, this was a great set. Because of the large number of cuts from "live action" to the "interviews" the deleted scenes could easily have fit back in without feeling out of place (and it's not like there are a lot of set changes that would make things look odd). As is, the deleted scenes--again due to the nature of the cutting--feel like an episode unto themselves.

I also agree that the PSAs deserved a play-all, but I was usually chuckling long enough for the menu to load again.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
"Gay Witch Hunt" has to be the funniest episode the show has ever done - and one of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV. Absolutely brilliant from start to finish. I've seen it three times and I still die laughing each time!

Phil Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil Garcia
Note that Target has an exclusive bonus feature on disc 3...its the Jenna Fisher cam on the Booze Cruise. Its pretty funny, but even though I got it at Target I still despise exclusive bonus features to stores. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks