What's new

Office chair theater seating (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Ever since I put in 2 futons for my seating I regretted it. I always wanted some chairs in the theater but they have been way out of my budget until I went office supply shopping and found these.

-Microsuede fabric
-Integrated headrest for upper back and neck support
-Integrated lumbar support.
-Padded arms

They were on clearance for only $79/ea and they are very comfortable, soft with good support, and a wrap around type feel.

I am modding the base plates so I can attach them to a riser and lock all three together. Not real "theater seats" but you'll be hard pressed to tell from the look and feel, and these cost a fraction of the real thing.

I can finally ditch the futon I am using in the front row and get some chairs back in. Cup holders are forth coming.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Great idea, Ron. I'd be interested in seeing the finished product.

Can I ask what your plans are for those since they've got those curvy arms?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Once I build the deck that these will sit on I will build stand alone cup holders that will be located between the seats just below the lower part of the front of the arm rests. This way I don't have to modify the actual arm rest of the chairs.

Not sure just yet though. Once I am done with the install of the chairs I'll put more thought into the cupholders.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Those chairs look really nice..

I've been using free-standing office chairs (doubles as a computer space, anyway, so..)

Is it just me, or is it the 'home theater seating' market is getting almost as bad as the bridal markets? Why should that install pictured above cost $400/seat?

Leo

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Yep Leo, the home theater seating market is nothing but a rip-off. There is no need for the outrageous pricing. But (I'm guessing here) because "Home Theaters" is now becoming a big thing, they can price gouge.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks