What's new

X2 (2003) (1 Viewer)

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Really...I thought Thomas Jane looked pretty cool as Punisher...I dont get overly anal over little things like his hair or anything...I'd take him over some big muscle bound dude...

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
You guys have me drooling...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
You have a big love scene with Famke. How was Famke to kiss?
Halle, Famke and Rebecca said they all had to line up to kiss you as the character keeps changing shape in the scene. Yeah, that was a tough day! They were all sitting on chairs in a line waiting. They did that especially for me and I was like, 'This is good! Come on! Bring on my girls!' I really suffered for my art that day. But then at the end of the scene they all morph into Stryker, and kissing Brian Cox wasn't nearly so sexy.

Dave Carstens

Auditioning
I've been reading reviews commenting on Beast's cameo on a TV. Of course I'll be seeing X2 again, but can anyone describe the cameo in more detail for me?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Nick,
nice job on the no-spoilers review. i think it put my expectations on a more realistic level, but still has me enthusiastic.

two more days...

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Really...I thought Thomas Jane looked pretty cool as Punisher...I dont get overly anal over little things like his hair or anything...I'd take him over some big muscle bound dude...
I'm not sure what it was about the picture, maybe the look on his face, but I was really dissapointed. The Punisher film has potential to use a great character story and great action (like all Marvel films), but this picture just didn't do it for me. I'm sure it will end up fine, but for a first look, that was just disappointing for me.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"In all fairness, it doesn't really take much to piss off Chris Claremont, y'know"

He was bitter they didnt allow him to write a farewell letter to put in the back of his last issue as writter.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Heres a review by my favorite film critic. Less enthusiastic than some recently like the one on AICN I read that calls X2 the greatest comic book adaption ever.

http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/movies/x/x2.html

Im seeing it twice on Friday. I took the day off and Im cathing it early in the morning with my brother and then later at night with g/f:D

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :angry:

Couldn't get ticket's for today's show :frowning: I'm stuck waiting till at least Friday.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Since the movie is rapidly approaching, I'll make this the Offical Discussion Thread for "X-Men 2". Please continue all discussion for this movie in this thread only.

The "X-Men 2" review thread is located HERE.

Thanks,

Jason
Home Theater Forum

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Actually, the X-Men fought to save Jeans life and lost.They thought the Phoenix Entity was destroyedand driven out of Jean(Xavier had a showdown with Phoenix and won only becuase Jean helped). In the heat of the battle, Phoenix returned.It was down to Cyclops and Phoeinx and things were looking pretty hopeless. Jean then killed herself in front of Cyclops.

They cheaped the entire thing years later by bringing Jean Grey backsaying that it wasnt really her that was Phoenix. The Phoenix Entity was something seperate, while the real Jean Grey lay in a cacoon at the bottom of the ocean all the time - which is ridiculous. Thats how I remember it at least. That was so long ago:D

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
starting to get a queasy feeling.

i wish i had been reading more reviews like the one from Reel.com.
one of the great things about the first movie was that i went in after getting some disticntly 50/50 reviews.
some people really liked it, others hated it.
i had read many discouraging reports about, and in the end it was better than i was expecting it.
and for the next few times i watched it, i didn't have to be on edge waiting for it to do something to lose me, and i could sit back and relax and really get into it.
it just got better and better.

on the otherhand,
i've been slogging through so many reviews that are proclaiming X2 as the best super-hero ever made,etc, etc.
i now feel myself becoming more antagonistic thinking like "ok...prove you're the best".
lame, i know- but you other over-grown fan-boy geeks should understand where i'm coming from.
now i'm almost to the point of wanting to see it as soon as possible just to get it out of the way so i can start concentrating on more important things.

Marko_J

Agent
I don't mean to brag...

BUT I WILL!!!

I just saw it at the show at 15:00. It started showing in Croatia today - here movies start on thursday and not on friday and since this is a movie with wide world release date...

And it met my expectations... i like it a lot, maybe even better than the first one...

enjoy everyone

;)

JonS

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back.

Wow!

Better than the first. In fact, the first film isn't even in the same class as this one. It is a near brilliant film.

And Ian McKellen is so fucking badass. I want to BE Magneto after seeing this movie. Give this guy the damn Oscar for this performance, it really is that good.

I am so hyped right now. I am probably going again tomorrow night.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
McKellen obviously had a lot of fun with the role.

I like this film more and more after a couple of days of thinking about it. Hopefully I can find some time to see it again before it leaves the theatre.

Carol Razavi

Stunt Coordinator
umm yeah... pretty much got into this movie by asking the women in charge of the sneak preview screening if she had anymore passes... she said she wasn't allowed to do what she was gonna do, but gave me two passes anyways.

...and HOLY SHIT! did i fall in love with this women. I have been an Xmen fan for years now. Watched the cartoon.. collected the comics.. and bought the action figures... (i'm only 17 now :D ) but my god. This blew my ass away. I think Harry was right about one thing.. i seriously... can't even think about the matrix. I honestly think this is gonna be the best action film of the year... and if the matrix beats it.. more power to em' but right now... WOW!

haha. there are little things in this movie that blew my mind. cameos..even mutants that still haven't been mentioned here. The scene from the trailers with the soldiers entering the school made me scream "Holy Shit!" once i saw Wolverine lay down the law.

There is more imagination put into this movie then there has been in the past 5 years of summer films. I am putting this up there with The Matrix and Die Hard and friends as the best movie of it's genre. Maybe even #1! I cannot wait any longer for X3.. i want it to start shooting tomrrow.. fuck it.. i'm seeing this again tomorrow.. I'm Hyping it up...but seriously..i fell in love.

Matrix Reloaded... Return of the King... LXG and Hulk (hopefully)... all being kicked off by X2... what a great year this is gonna be!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks