*** Offical "BIG TROUBLE" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Crawford, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Big Trouble". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
    All HTF member film reviews of "Big Trouble" should be posted to this thread.
    Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
    Crawdaddy

2. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Saw it, kind of disappointing. Had some laughs, but overall, not a good movie.

3. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I quite enjoyed it. Brain candy, to be sure, but high-energy and more funny than not. How much you like the movie will most likely depend on how much you enjoy the likes of Dennis Farina, Tom Sizemore and Stanley Tucci. They (along with the deadpan Zooey Deschanel and the always mega-cool Janeane Garofalo) steal the flick.
    I'd certainly recommend it, but I wouldn't blame you if you saved this one for a "rental". [​IMG]

4. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Dennis Farina was hilarious as always. The whole "Moron #1" and "Moron #2" was STRAIGHT out of "Midnight Run", but it was still funny. I expected more from the talent, but at least it was brisk and energetic. There wasn't the room left for laughter, which was good. I didn't hate it, but I just didn't like it so much. [​IMG]
    P.S. Scott, did you get my PM?

5. Scott D S

Scott D S Supporting Actor

Scott Saslow
    As an FSU student (but not for long), I have to say I loved the Gator bashing!
    "The Gators?"
    "College football team."
    "Heh, sound like morons."
    The whole audience up here went nuts! [​IMG]

6. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

I got to see this in a major theater with THX and there was NO BODY there... it was kinda cool! [​IMG]
    But I did find this a fun comedy. Jeneane Gerafolo (sp?) Was hilarious. There were definately some great laughs. But overall, unless you really like the talent, I'd suggest renting it.
    Chris.

7. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    well bringing up this older thread because i couldnt find one in the software section and didnt want to start another.

i just watched the dvd and thought it was alot funnier then i expected it to be.

stanley tucci was funny as always. and farina was great as well.

andy richter as 2 people was a funny surprise and and patrick warburton was a riot too.

plenty of "cameos" to go around heavy "d" myers, johnny knoxville, omar epps,janeane garofalo,

look for a funny naked running through the airport scene by warburton near the end.

also a small one by martha stewart that some may feel is appropriate for her as things are now.

plenty of funny scenes.

a dog who is stoned from a frog squirting on him,a goat getting hit by a car and not even being phased by it.

"it looks like a garbage disposal"

and the guy who calls in the radio staion to talk about the "gators"

i had forgotten that it was directed by barry sonnenfeld until the end credits and it was based on a book written by dave barry.

i'd say it was/is an under-rated comedy.

about 3 out of 5 *'s for me

8. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I'm with ya, Tony, though I think I liked the movie a bit more than you did.
    I'm a big fan of the original novel, so the fact that the film entertained me was a bit of a surprise. Then again, I'm a huge fan of 'ensemble comedies'. (Scavenger Hunt rules!)