What's new

off center mount of PT L300U (1 Viewer)

zach^F

Auditioning
Looking at getting a PT L300U and wondering if I am going to have to remove my ceiling fan....Anyone know if the projector can be mounted like 10-15 inches off center without using the keystone correction, like a lense shift? Also what is the distance from top of screen to centerline of lense I would like to have a normal tv on stand under the screen so the top of the screen would have to be about 8-10 inches from ceiling. I have a viewing distance = 12.5 ft, ceiling = 8ft, and planning on a 82-86" 16:9. Went to website brochure but didn't find anything helpful. Thanks guys.

Zach :D

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Zach,

Unfortunately the L300U doesn't have the lens shift feature
that the Sanyo Z1 has. You will need to use keystone (not recommended) if you decide to mount the projector off-center.

You can find the L300U user manual here

http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/OperMan/FindManual.asp

It says that the vertical offset is Width/32 and so in your case if the top of the screen is 8-10 inches from the ceiling, the projector will need to be mounted so that the lens is about a foot below the ceiling. Assuming a 86" diagonal screen with height of 42", the bottom of the screen will be 42-46" high (the rule of thumb is to have 1/3 of the screen height below eye-level for the most comfortable viewing angle).

zach^F

Auditioning
that is too bad might have to lose the light on the fan or the whole fan...oh well thanks for the link. I was thinking abou the Z1 but seem to change my mind between that and the L300u daily

mark alan

Supporting Actor
The optical lens shift on the Z1 works great. At your seating distance and screen size, you would see minimal to no screendoor with the Z1. My screen is 84" diagonal, and my seating distance is exactly the same as yours. I cannot see any screendoor. I don't think you will get any significant benefit in buying the 300.

By the way, If you are like me, you will quickly grow to hate watching the small tv behind the screen. I have a 36" tv behind the removable screen, and I watch it less and less as time goes by. You get very used to watching the big picture.

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
I was thinking about the Z1 but seem to change my mind between that and the L300u daily
I am exactly in the same position. For a while I was even thinking about getting the X1, but was not able to make up my mind before the rebate expired. The two main factors keeping me from going with the cheaper Z1 are the screendoor (I was hoping to use a 100" screen with a viewing distance of 13-14 feet) and the bulb life. I want to table-mount the projector for now and the horizontal lens shift on the Z1 doesn't do me any good because I still need to have the projector within 20" of the centerline and my seating position has to be behind the projector to minimize the screendoor effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks