Odyssey Audio Stratos vs Rotel RB-1090

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by KyleT, Jul 9, 2003.

1. KyleT

KyleT Stunt Coordinator

Any opinions? The Rotel seems like more of a heavy-hitter power-wise seeing as how it puts out something like 700 watts @ 4 ohms, whereas the Stratos is arond 280... but is the sound quality on par?

I know the Rotel retails at 2000 while the Odyssey is only 1079... but I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new Rotel for about the same price as the Odyssey is normally. Which way should I go?

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

If price isn't a factor the extra headroom from the Rotel might be worth it...though the strat's a nice amp as well. What speakers will these be driving?

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Well you'll certainly have quite a bit of flexibility with the Rotel that you won't have with the Odyssey when it comes to changing your speakers (if you ever decide to that is). In their prime Roy Jones Jr. and Tyson were formidable fighters but Jones wouldn't last a round with Tyson.

4. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

So who's Jones and who's Tyson[​IMG]

I would take the Rotel simply because I like the warmer presentation of the Rotel as opposed to the neutral presentation of Odyssey. Your taste might vary. Both are great amps and when driven within their limits will each sound phenominal. Chu does have a point that the extra headroom of the Rotel will come in handy if you ever decide to change to large electrostats or something like that, althought I still dont understand why he is talking about boxing in this forum[​IMG] just kidding Chu.

5. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

It takes a while for the medication to get balance Yogi. Bear with me.

6. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

hehe. yogi. bear with me. hehehe

7. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

Actually, Chu I would be willing to beer with you.