Odyssey 5 1x20- That's all folks

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Just finished watchign it. For those who haven't been able to see it, I'll tell you this:

1- It ends on a nasty cliffhanger, just as things got really really cool

2-Hope of the show returning have just about lowered to 0, as the guy who played the son has just been cast in UPN's "Weapon X" pilot.

Let us all rejoice in yet another great Sci-Fi series canned before its time, and left on a cliffhanger to rot. It would take a minimum of a 4 hour miniseries to wrap the show up properly from the point it's at now

Please Showtime, give it to us!

2. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

It was broadcast in UK/Europe, you got a satelite or download them? :b

I hope they at least show the last 5 episodes in US so I could record them, but even a 2 hour movie to wrap it up would be good, though when was there ever a show wrapped up just for fans. Not Sliders. Maybe Babylon 5.

3. Jeff Kleist

It WAS a Showtime Sci-Friday program Joel

4. Jeff Kleist

Lenny, let's just leave it at that I don't believe in the no-watch scenario [​IMG]

5. Ivan Lindenfeld

Ivan Lindenfeld Second Unit

I am a little confused. Did SHO in the US show the last few eps recently and I missed it??

Because it's too late now. My wife and I canceled Showtime, as promised when they canned O5, last week. I can't stop goading her that she'll have to get her fix of hot gay men from somewhere else. It's just too much fun. [​IMG] (I am talking about Queer as Folk, of course.)

Ivan

6. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

How could they cancel this show? I just don't get it.

7. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

The show was canclled for come strange contract reason. JMS the creator of jeremiah mentioned something happened so Odyssey 5 was cancelled

capt

8. Jeff Kleist

Showtime has killed "SciFriday", and along with it went O5

Jeremiah was spared becasue Sean Astin joined the cast, not because its ratings deserved it. If anything, O5 was their top rated show

No, it has not been aired in the US, it HAS been aired in the UK

9. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

*sigh*

10. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I can't read the actual text of the thread, as I haven't yet seen the episode (or any episode since 114) but I will say that I'm terribly dissapointed that Showtime canned this show. It's their best new show since QAF. Easily their best scifi show since Stargate.

It's also dissapointing that nobody picked it up in Showtime's stead. I was looking forward to the full five year arc.