What's new

Oddest Last Names You've Come Across (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
My Mom's best friend's maiden name is snodgrass..

I've also seen:

Sammy Soza

Jack Gass

Mark Mickguier

Nathan

FredHD

Stunt Coordinator
I once saw a guy on "Judge Judy" named Mojo Teckelhimonot (Tek-l-hymen-ot). I thought it was a funny name. My mom went to school with a Sunday Mundy. There was also a kid I went to elementary school with named Billy Guzzle.

Ron Biles

Grip
My dentist is Dr. Ravi Doctor.

I used to work at a legal services firm that specialized in obtaining medical records for various lawsuits. There were all kinds of strange names. My favorite was a doctor whose last name was Deth.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Guy in my Air Force basic unit. John E. Cox. E for Eaton

Marching one day I saw the last name on a uniform, CZ. Guys last name. About a year later in the Air Force Times they had an article about airman C Z.

Called a real estate firm a few months ago and got a giggle out of the the receptionist when I asked for Dick Head. It took me a second to realize that I had been too informal. "I'm sorry, I ment Richard Head."

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Hmmmm, I can't think of any offhand but answer me this: does Emmanuelle Gonzales sound awkward? :D

Alex-C

Screenwriter
My wife came across this very unusual name at her job:

Fabulous Trash.

And a long time ago, my mom at her job had dealings with some guy named 5/8 Smith (I forgot his last name) but his first name was really 5/8. He even signed a check with the fraction. I know it sounds crazy but he was from Texas so....

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Rain,
"I once met a gay couple whose names were Rod and Lance."
:laugh:
This Lance wouldn't be the one who manages the Alliance Atlantis theaters in Vancouver? I wouldn't be surprised...... :)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
My brother used to use someone elses expired drivers licence as a fake ID, because the picture looked like him. The name of the guy on the liscense was 'Dennis Snoozy'. I think that name is hilarious for some reason.

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
My dogs first vet was Dr. Barker and I had an instructer in the 70's for some post college classes I took who was Bob Roberts.

~Kurt

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
Jamie E: close, but not quite. Also it isn't pronounced as the rules of English would tell you, the "sch" sounds like "sk" just like the word "school". So it's

sker-mer-horn

Not that hard when you see it like that. But I'd say only 20% of all people can even get sher-mer-horn.

Just thought of an interesting name I've come across:

I was once at a job fair, and this young asian woman's nametag said "Bich". I didn't try to call her by her first name, yeah. I think her associate called her "bik" or something like that, it wasn't pronounced like "bitch", thank god.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
My wife went to school with a boy named: Alby Damnn
I went to school with a girl named: Crystal Chandelier
Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks