What's new

Odd question - where to buy a leather jacket? (1 Viewer)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I've never had one before, not looking for a motorcycle style or anything like that, just something that looks good.

I've seen the one that Eddie Bauer carries which I like, but the sleeves come midway to my hand, and it 's $378 Canadian.

Any suggestions? - I know - not much to go on...

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I've always had good luck at the Mall - Wilson Leather is great, but with a leather jacket, it all depends on what it looks like on you and not so much the store or name brand.

The best thing to do is find as many as you can to try on.

Another note, I am far from a motorcycle guy, but I bought a black leather (it's more of a bomber jacket). It's a softer material, but I love it! It's funny because most people are surprised that I am wearing a black leather. One co-worker was so amazed and I made him try it on. He NEVER thought about even looking at a black leather, but he loved it!

Although, I would highly recommend this one. ;)

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Paul - I recommend Danier, they have locations across Canada. I've bought leather jackets from them in the past in Vancouver. Excellent quality and customer service.

http://www.danier.com/

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
http://www.eddiebauer.com/eb/product.asp?product_id=30470&nv=2|21472|16&lview=&cm_cg=C16&tid=&c=&sc=&lp=v1i005

Here's the style of one I tried on, so you have an idea.

It's black, but still not necessarily a motorcycle jacket.

I'll try Danier out as well. I've heard they're very overpriced, but it's worth a shot!

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I got an RL black leather jacket that retails for $350 for $150 at an RL outlet store. I also have a motorcycle leather jacket by ColeHaan, tan, for half the price as my cousin works for ColeHaan. I guess u can say I'm a cheapskate...but I would never buy anything at retail....unless they're for my HT.;)

Kevin Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin Eckhardt
Paul,

I have an older version of the Eddie Bauer "Lamb Gasoline" jacket that you're looking at. It's the same soft, black, lambskin leather and the same cut. The back looks the same, but instead of the single pieces of leather on the front it is split at the chest similar to the "car coat" or "journeyman" on the site. It's a great feeling jacket and I like it a lot. Mine is lined but not insulated and works great for "chilly" nights and goes well over a sweater if it's a little colder. Gotten lots of compliments from the ladies. (And that is what's important, right :))

I know this doesn't help you with getting a jacket now, but I bought mine towards the end of the season and found it on sale for ~$150 US instead of the $240 or so it was originally selling for at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks