Odd observation and baby toys

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DanielKellmii, Aug 5, 2006.

1. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

This just occured to me as I was feeding my 1 year old. As that battery runs out on some of his toys, the young female voice gets lower and ends up sounding like the voice of some 40+ year old woman who smokes way too much. The phrase, "Hello Baby", takes on a totally different meaning when sounding like that. I just thought it was funny. Has anybody else noticed that?

2. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

Nope, can't say I have. But if I may derail this: why does every freaking baby/toddler toy require batteries? Nearly every baby toy we have/had sang the alphabet song. Everything has to make some sort of noise. It can't just be a big plastic school bus, it has to sing Wheels on the Bus and flash lights and make honking noises etc. Honestly, unless sound is a required function of the toy, I never put batteries in them.

-paul

3. Lynda-Marie

Lynda-Marie Supporting Actor

Maybe that function is deliberate, to give mom and dad something to grin about that the kid won't understand for years? [​IMG]

I can't help thinking about that. Thanks a lot, Daniel, now I've got yet another thing to giggle about that will make my brothers wonder what I am up to!

4. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    What I hate is the toys that require something like FOUR C or FOUR AA batteries to run ONE flashlight bulb built into the toy! Oh and the batteries usually only last a few darn hours!