What's new

Odd display problem on HTF/Community page (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Starting yesterday I noticed that when I opened the main Forum page https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/ that I couldn't see any of the forums.
I could see the header, the new posts, and the things usually populating the right margin, but the left 2/3 of the page was blank.

Clear my cookies/cache, no help
I could get to the individual subforums via the Forums dropdown or the Forums List without an issue.
Signed out -- I could see thing normally, signed in they all disappeared.

Incognito -- signed in same problem
Firefox and Edge which I rarely/never use for Forum use -- same issue once I signed in.

I figured I must have switched something inadvertently in my preferences, but for the life of me I can't find it.
Switched to HTF Dark Style and TEST -- no change, but with UI.X style everything looks normal

I also don't notice anything different once I open a subforum, thread, the main page, etc -- just on the Master Forum page.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Std Win 10 Desktop

Reproduced on ANDROID Phone ( Mobile and Desktop browser) -- I hadn't even tried that until you asked since I virtually never use any forums on the phone

And just for completeness -- Ipad Mini on Safari does the same and I'm not sure I've ever signed in on that device before

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure -- I think so.

Attachments

• screencapture-www-hometheaterforum-com-community-1595886268574.png
    screencapture-www-hometheaterforum-com-community-1595886268574.png
    335.3 KB · Views: 138

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
For the record, I am having the exact same problem. I am using Win10 and Edge Browser.

Win10 Pro Version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Edge Version: Version 84.0.522.44 (Official build) (64-bit)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Another piece of info.

I switched over to Chrome, and when I first visited the HTF, the forums did show up. But as soon as I logged in, they disappeared and it looked like it does in Edge.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Another piece of info.

I switched over to Chrome, and when I first visited the HTF, the forums did show up. But as soon as I logged in, they disappeared and it looked like it does in Edge.

The forums show up on all the browsers as long as I'm signed out -- even if I'm on the Forums page and sign out directly the forums then show up and if I sign in again immediately disappear.
That why I thought there has to be some setting in my preferences that had changed, but i can't find anything I've changed and not even a setting that might force such a choice.

I guess if I could figure what's different with the HTF vs UI.X style choice that might be the answer, but that's way out of my league

At least it's a bit heartening that it's not just mine

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I can change the page style to UI.X and the list shows up, albeit in a very different style. Default, Dark, and Test styles all give the blank page.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
It didn’t work, Dave. Everything looks good until I sign in, then I have to use UI.X if I want the full forum list to display. BTW, I’m running iOS 13.6 so the weirdness isn’t limited to iOS 14.

HawksFord

Premium
Real Name
Maurice
I'm having the same issue using Firefox 78.0.2 on Windows 10. The full forum list does not display using HTF style when signed in. It does display in that style when signed out. The UI.X style works as expected.

I reproduced it on two different Win 10 laptops.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I see that my issue (in a separate thread) is resolved, so... Yes, it's all good. Thanks, Dave!

(And sorry for duplication in reporting. Somehow or other I didn't see THIS thread yesterday!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks