What's new

Odd Couple Season Four -June 10th (1 Viewer)

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
I do hope they get season 5 out for Christmas. This series has been my favorite re-discovery thanks to DVD.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Little bit of a Wait but they are releasing alot of tv product between now and then. The Series is Laugh out lou hilarious, but the later seasons start relying on Big Guest names, and while still very good I find not as good as S 1-3.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
I'm a big fan of the big name guest stars. Howard Cosell on season 3 is pure gold when he tangles with Oscar. I'm eager to see Wolfman Jack, Jaye P Morgan (pre-Gong Show), Bobby Riggs, Billie Jean King, Marilyn Horne and Hugh Hefner.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
The episodes with Allen Ludden and Betty White on Password and Monty Hall with Let's Make A Deal was hilarious as well.

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
This season(4) will be the big test on musical rights/edits. Some eps. will be totally ruined if the dreaded clearance issues are not addressed.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
The prime suspects for edits would be Marilyn Horne singing "For once in my life"
Not to mention Season 5 Paul Williams. That would be a shame to edit out the songs that he actually sings(!)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I'm very excited about these releases. We're very lucky to be getting up to Season 4 (and by the looks of it, probably Season 5 as well). THE ODD COUPLE was a long time in coming, but once they started arriving -- bam, bam, bam, bam!

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

if Paul has control over his publishing, there's a chance it'll be in the set. However didn't they clip a Paul Williams song out of the Fall Guy pilot?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'm watching this set of Season 4 now.

I noticed a jump cut in "Gloria Moves In". When Felix is mooning over Gloria after she kicks him out of Oscar's apartment and he's in the hotel room with the guys playing poker, he talks about singing the blues the last time Gloria kicked him out, and then a jump cut. I figured they cut out a bit where he's singing a blues song.

In "Odd Holiday", the Madisons and Ungers go on vacation. at the beginning, in a flash back, Felix and Gloria are sitting on a couch in Oscar's apartment with Blanche waiting for Oscar to get home so they can go to the airport. If I'm not mistaken, there's a funny bit where Felix is tapping a rolled up magazine saying, "we gotta get going...." That appears to be cut out! That was a funny bit! I don't see why, unless he was saying it to a tune? I forget if it was to a tune.

I'm sure I'll see more as I see the rest of the set.

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richie
The fourth season was the pinnacle of the show- but I'm still anxiously awaiting the day my S5 will arrive!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.