Odd AV Cable problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Bennett, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Aug 11, 2000
    I have this cable http://www.madcatz.com/MadCatz/produ...oduct_id=6015# a universal AV cable from Mad Catz. I have it hooked up to my PS2 and Cube. I realized today that suddenly my Cube wasn't putting out any sound. I investigated and figured out that if I disconnected the cable from the PS2(and later realized that if I turned the PS2 off by the switch in the back rather than by holding down reset) the sound worked fine on the cube. The odd thing is that the PS2 sound worked fine regardless. It didn't used to do this(I've had the cable for like a week) but it suddenly started doing it today. Any ideas what could have caused this?
  2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Oct 16, 2000
    I have one of these cables, but only so that I can play my consoles in any room without bringing each one's cable with it.

Anywho, I think that the fact that the PS2 (and X-Box) get put on a Standby mode and not an Off mode allow a signal to keep getting sent out through the cable. If you connect the PS2 using a coax cable and set the menus to put the sound out through it, that might solve the problem. Otherwise, you'll need to turn the PS2 completely off (flip the switch on the back) or disconnect the cable.

I think the cable is supposed to be plugged into one console at a time, also.