What's new

Octopussy (1 Viewer)

John Stockton

Second Unit
I saw "The Living Daylights" 5 times on its opening weekend at the Mann's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood and another 8 times in the following weeks, and I can assure everyone that there was no frontal nudity in the film.

This shot does looked zoomed in and I noticed it during its theatrical release, but that is the way it has always been. Which leads me to believe that may be while setting up that shot, John Glen may have initially, intended to show the girl's breasts, but changed his mind later on and had the shot zoomed in.

By the way, I only saw this film in US theatres, so it is also possible that in certain parts of the world that shot did contain the women's breasts. But I can assure everyone it did not so for the American release, not for theatrical nor home video.

Dave Farley

Second Unit

Thanks for the information, John. I missed this one at theaters and of all my home viewings over the years, I had never seen a version with any nudity. This was the first I had heard of it.

I checked over at www.dvdcompare.net and they list the R1,R2,and R4 DVD versions as having no cuts.

The only Bond film where I can remember nudity is a scene in Diamonds are Forever. Seeing that requires the use of the pause or slow-motion feature, or so I've been told. Not that I've ever checked myself.;)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I just wanted to post here saying that MGM finally resolved my longtime "Octopussy" and "The Living Daylights" case today when I recieved my corrected discs. It may have taken nearly a year and a half from when I bought the defective ones, but I finally have the best discs currently available for all 20 EON movies.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I sent mine in two weeks ago and am waiting for my replacements. They said it should take 3-4 weeks. How long did it take you, Bill?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
It took about 5 weeks but in my case (which you can read about above) they actually tested my discs to be absolutely certain that I wouldn't be sent defective discs again. I wouldn't think the speed in which mine arrived would be indicative of the average turnaround time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks