October Project

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Martin, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

Just wondering if there were any other OP fans here in the forum. I bought the only two (so far) OP CDs back when they were first released.

I recently found out they have reformed, though sadly without the vocal talents of Mary Fahl. I will remain hopeful for the songs they will create, but without Mary's incredible singing, it's going to be hard to accept it as October Project.

I am STILL kicking myself for not purchasing the November Project EP while I could - I did download two of the songs, and the singer they had for those was very, very good.

For those who aren't familiar with this band...you should be. Very hard to describe. Melodic, lush, a touch of gothic (and not crap like that is spoofed on SNL), symphonic, bittersweet. Soaring vocals, textured sound. Alternapop, perhaps, but that really doesn't do them justice.

2. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

3. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

4. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Well, there is one song on their site for download, so you can check it out.

While Marina Bellica isn't Mary Fahl, she's close enough to be servicable from what I've heard.

Jason

5. Michael Martin

6. Zane Charron

Zane Charron Second Unit

Yes, big OP fan. I had no idea that they reformed. It's been, what, 7 years? I wouldn't even have known to check on it. Is there a date for a new album? I didn't see one.

And Mary Fahl...what a beauty. May 6 is her new solo album, or so it says. OP won't be the same without her, but that's not to say that it still won't be great.

Although I love both OP albums, I think 'Falling Farther In' is the slightly stronger one. I can't tell you why, though. Maybe I find there are just a few more really good songs on there than the first album.

7. Michael Martin

8. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Count me as another OP fan. If you are interested in Mary Fahl, you should purchase the soundtrack CD to Gods and Generals. She sings the first song on the CD and there is a video of this song on the 2nd disc DVD. She does have an incredible voice.

9. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    As long as there is a thread about OCTOBER PROJECT (I never started one, as I began to believe I was the only person who had ever listened to them) I have a question about my favorite song of theirs, "Bury My Lovely." What in hell does this song mean? Any conjecture?

10. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

"Falling Futher In" is the better album, tho the first album has better songs (Bury My Lovely, Take Me As I Am, Be My Hero).

Jason

11. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I have both CDs too. I prefer the first, but admit I haven't listened to the second nearly as much. Generally I think the first is more accessible or there are more songs that are immediately appealing. Glad to hear the news about the artists!

12. Dan M

Dan M Second Unit

Another big OP fan here. I find their music easy going and soothing. Greeeeaaat vocals and vocal harmonies. I think both albums are equally as good. I like all the songs.

I have a live performance on VHS.