What's new

Ocean's 11 only P&S at Sam's Club (1 Viewer)

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I was going to buy the DVD there, but only (gasp) 'Full Frame' versions.

After expressing my dismay to several unconcerned staff, went to CC instead, got the real movie. The clerk there asked me "You know this is letterbox, right?" DOH!!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Costco had only widescreen version of O11. Also only WS recently for "Spy Game" and "A.I." But Sam's does have that nasty Wal-Mart influence, you know. :rolleyes

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I just picked up the Widescreen of O11 at Sam's yesterday (for $16.99)...they were way in the back of the display box, but fortunately the top sticker indicates the widescreen version, so I just happened to see it...

David_D

Stunt Coordinator
Our nearest Sam's had the widescreen version. However, they were near the back and small in number.

Greg O' Connel

Stunt Coordinator
For what it's worth, Toys R Us also only stocks the P&S version of Ocean's 11, as well as any other DVD where there are two seperate versions. Harry Potter is an exception, as we will be stocking both P&S and Widescreen versions. I know TRU's DVD sales are a drop in the bucket in the overall market (especially since it was only recently that we started carrying non-kiddie movies), but I think it stinks when any major retailer, toy store or not, subscribes to the "kids don't like widescreen" idea.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
BB had a big rack of O11. It had just as many FS as it did WS. I picked up the WS for 14.99.

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
In case anybody was wondering, it appears that OCEAN'S 11 was shot in SUPER 35.
I found a display case full of WIDESCREEN versions at BEST BUY.
Great movie, great DVD too! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurtlePen
Recent bookmarks