What's new

Ocean's 11 - Audio Bitrate... (1 Viewer)

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
448kbps!!!!!

YES! Warner are finally using Full-Bitrate AC-3 on their disks!!! I Hope Harry Potter is like that too!

Next step: DTS!

Ned

Supporting Actor
The Phantom Menace was 384kbit. I'm surprised nobody noticed/complained about that.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Warner Home Video already had dts releases:

Twister

Lethal Weapon - Director's Cut

Lethal Weapon 2 - Director's Cut

Lethal Weapon 3 - Director's Cut

Interview With The Vampire

Michael Coate

Stunt Coordinator
Warner Home Video already had dts releases:

Twister

Lethal Weapon - Director's Cut

Lethal Weapon 2 - Director's Cut

Lethal Weapon 3 - Director's Cut

Interview With The Vampire
You can add Warner/Morgan Creek's "American Outlaws" to the list of their discs that include a DTS track.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Warner Home Video already had dts releases
Yeah but they dumped dts almost as quickly as they took it up... American Outlaws was probably only dts because of the Morgan Creek deal, or perhaps at request of the director. I just hope they change there stance on dts before Blade Runner comes out! Don't stiff us on this one Warner, it's too important a release... A dts Matrix re-issue to coincide with the release of the sequel wouldn't go astray either!

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Ah good, so they finally switched to Full Bit-Rate AC3 Good!

As for Twister, I knew about that one, a friend of mine has it and I borrowed it from him, I might borrow it again now that I have DTS Capability and proper speakers.

When me and my friend went to see Queen Of The Damned, as the Warner logo played at the beginning, we immediately said "Only 384kbps on the DVD!" Hehe!

A Matrix reissue with Full Bit-Rate DTS and Full Bit-Rate AC3 would be great too... I'd buy it since I don't have the original disk (But it's been sitting on my wanted list for a long time)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It should also be noted that Ocean's 11 ALSO contains a DD 2.0 track, so that the 5.1 was not compromised for downmix
Thumbs up Warner! Now if only you'd dump a certain "feature" of every DVD you release.... :)

Michael Coate

Stunt Coordinator
It should also be noted that Ocean's 11 ALSO contains a DD 2.0 track, so that the 5.1 was not compromised for downmix
Their recent release of "Joe Versus The Volcano" also features separate 5.1 and 2.0 tracks. "Harry Potter," however, has only the one 5.1 (EX-encoded, by the way) track (it also has a dubbed Spanish track).

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Cameron,

Some DVD players (Pioneer and Sony models especially) often allow you to view the audio and video bitrates of a DVD whilst it is playing. You can even check what layer the video info you are viewing is encoded onto on RSDL discs on some players.

Dan

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Also, many DD decoders report the bitrate (and other pertinent information).

M.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Their recent release of "Joe Versus The Volcano" also features separate 5.1 and 2.0 tracks.
Joe Verus The Volcano had seperate 5.1 and 2.0 tracks is becuase it's executive producer is Spielberg (The Goonies and Empire of the Sun DVDs also have seperate 5.1 and 2.0 tracks).
Hopefully Warner will include more full bitrate Dolby Digital tracks on their DVDs (hopefully that's the case especially with Harry Potter having one).

Michael Coate

Stunt Coordinator
Michael Coate (I) said:

Joe Verus The Volcano had seperate 5.1 and 2.0 tracks is becuase it's executive producer is Spielberg (The Goonies and Empire of the Sun DVDs also have seperate 5.1 and 2.0 tracks).
Matthew,

Have you heard or read somewhere that Mr. Spielberg (or someone from Amblin Entertainment) has requested their titles include separate 5.1 and 2.0 audio tracks, or are you just assuming there is a trend here? There are several Spielberg-directed and/or produced and other Amblin titles available on DVD with only a single 5.1 track...

Michael Coate

Stunt Coordinator
Ah good, so they finally switched to Full Bit-Rate AC3 Good!
Received review copies of Warner's "The Majestic" and "The Affair Of The Necklace" recently and can confirm they are also 448kbps. The discs' original language track is 5.1-only (no separate 2.0 track). Can't state that encoding at 448 is an across-the-board policy for the company, though. Some recent catalog titles are still at 384.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Very good news. I'm surprised it took Warner so long to change their stance, although I really can't complain about the quality of their recent soundtracks.

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
synergific01
Recent bookmarks