What's new

Ocean County History Books? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Anyone have any good books that Chronical the History of the Ocean County Area? I had this great book that showed a detailed look about the Hurricanes of the Jersey Shore, andwas fascinated by the pictures and the history of how things looked back then..

I'd love to see something that chronicled the start of some of the more infamous towns like Lavallette, Seaside Heights and the Building of the Boardwalk, etc... If there is no book like that, someone should make one...

Any help you think you can give is appreciated..

Neil

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Check the "New Jersey" section in the local Barnes and Nobles. I've been to various B&N stores and they'll usually have a section dedicated to the local area, including local area history.

Actually, you might want to try the library first cause it's free and they'll probably have librarians who know people or local historians anyway. But if you wanted to actually buy a book, check out the local bookstores like Barnes and Nobles... I've seen them up here in northern NJ..

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks