OCD girlfriend and Denon 3802 relays

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thomas F, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Thomas F

Thomas F Stunt Coordinator

I have a girlfriend with a bad case of OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) and I have suspected that she might be obsessively muting/unmuting the audio on my 3802 when I'm not home. Last night she admitted to it and I'm worried that this could eventually damage the internal relay on the receiver.[​IMG] Should I worry about this, give her another learning remote without the capability to mute, or get rid of her!? I'm leaning toward the idea of getting rid of her. [​IMG]

2. Thomas F

Thomas F Stunt Coordinator

She's on Celexa, but it's not enough. She also makes threats to destroy my system, and she's broken many things in the past, so I wouldn't put it past her. This is not the place for me to vent, but I wanted some opinions on whether she could damage something by her obsessive clicking of the mute, which activates a relay inside the receiver. I may have to restrict her to using only the television speakers. The television belongs to her. [​IMG]

3. Salvador

Salvador Second Unit

lock it down dude.....

girls i can never understand, might as well just eliminate any temptation

4. GregoriusM

GregoriusM Second Unit

Three thoughts:

1) Be as understanding as possible and continue to work with her in getting better help. OCD is not only tackled with drugs. Therapy is necessary along with the drugs.

2) If you love your 3802 more than her, then be a man and let her loose with kindness.

3) If you love her more than the 3802, then ask her nicely to use the TV sound until she is able to control herself with the 3802. In fact, set it up that she can only use it that way. Perhaps a separate remote for her programmed to use only the TV. Another for yourself kept in a safe place.

The relay is designed for years of use, but not continuous on/off/on by punching the remote button at a fast rate.

... Greg

5. Alfred-L

Alfred-L Auditioning

i would not want a girl like that around my equipment period! i love my 3802 by the way!

6. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

Maybe she is just saying its too d*** loud. Turn the volume down! She is not deaf yet like the rest of us.[​IMG]