What's new

Occasional speaker problem (1 Viewer)

Dennis Heller

Second Unit
I have a Denon 1803, Energy Veritas 2.1 speakers all around, and a JVC DVD player (can't remember the model).

Sometimes when I listen to music (2-channel), the sound from the right front is very faint. Usually, I stop the CD and restart it and the problem is solved. Sometimes I have to repeat the process. It's not a dropout (if I understand what that is), as it's only in one speaker.

Is this more likely to be a speaker, receiver, or source problem? Any help is apprecited.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
It is most likely your source if that is the only time it happens. Switch your speaker wire and see if it moves to the other speaker. Then do the same with the interconnects. If that doesn't show one of those to be at fault and it only then borrow someones CD or DVD to see if that eliminates it.

Dennis Heller

Second Unit
Thanks for the reply. It happens with more than one CD, and I never noticed it with DVDs. I'll definitely try the speaker wire, though.

Daman

Second Unit
Dennis,
As Chris said it seems to me also that its very likely a problem of your player.. can you try switching the player and see if you still face the problem?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Another thing to eliminate simply is the speaker itself by swapping the R & L ones. If it is only one speaker, it could just have something loose in it and the problem will follow the speaker. You will at least know it isn't the speaker.

I'd check the wiring for that particular speaker too, it could be a loose or shorted wire.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
By source that generally means tv/CD player/DVD player/radio. A CD or DVD would be media.

And yes swapping speakers is another good thing to check.

Dennis Heller

Second Unit
Thanks for the responses, guys. I finally got a chance to look at this, and it's definitely the speaker. They're still under warranty, but I think I'm going to have to send it to Buffalo to get service. I could try to do it myself, but I'm incompetent. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks