What's new

occasional blue flash when watching cable. (1 Viewer)

Deric

Auditioning
Not sure how this happened, but every once in a while when watching cable (digital channels or regular) my screen will flash blue. I still hear the normal audio and like a *flash* kind of sound when it happens. It doesn't happen when i play video games or watch DVD's, only cable.

I have a Scientific Atlanta box with S-video going to my receiver (Sony da3000es) and an s-video going to my tv (jvc). I checked all connections and everything seems fine.

I've had everything set up for a couple months, and this started happening a week ago. Sometimes it will happen 3 times in 1 minute, and sometimes it wont' happen for over an hour of watching tv.

Any Ideas?? :confused:

Mitch G

Agent
My TV (and I believe alot of other TVs) will display a blue screen when the signal is garbled. In the olden days, this would appear as "snow" in the picture. So, it sounds like the video signal is dropping out or at least dropping below some sort of threshold for your TV.

Mitch

Mitch G

Agent
Because your DVD player is better than your cable provider. :)
The DVD player provides a nice, consistent, snow-free, local signal. Cable is subject to various environmental challenges before getting to your house.

Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks