What's new

Observations after starting DISH 6000 last night... (1 Viewer)

Tim Sly

Stunt Coordinator
Finally got both dishes up and tuned in just before we got a foot of snow last night. Called DISH and was watching HDTV a few minutes later! It even looks better than in the store (converged my RPTV and have it set up right). I can't get OTA HD channels so have to settle for what comes over the dish.
I switched from DIRECTV and have some observations. I agree the program guide/menu stinks. It is very slow and it seems you can only look ahead a few hours of programming and then it starts to go hour by hour having to wait for the signal each time... forever!! Is this the way it is??
Also you can only view a list of a couple programs at a time cause the items are so large. Any way to shrink it to fit more content in the picture?
The remote is UHF. My RS1994 learning remote is Infra-red.
Any way to control the 6000 receiver with my infra-red remote? I know the 6000's remote is both UHF and infra-red so it can control your other devices.
------------------
Tim Sly
Pics of My Dedicated HT with the TW56X81

CRyan

Screenwriter
The remote is both IR and RF as you mentioned. The 6000 also receives both IR and RF, so you can program any learning remote directly from the Dish 6000's remote.
There is one trick that I have learned with the 6000 and menu operation for future programming. It can look up to 2 days in advance. If you just click right like you have been doing, it could take an hour to advance 48 hours. So, if you want to see what is on tomorrow night all you have to do is press and hold the right directional button. The times will start scrolling fast and will only stop when you lift off of the button. So, if you stop at 7pm tomorrow night you only have to go through one download. Therefore, you do not have to wait every time you advance 4 hours on the 6000.
C. Ryan

CRyan

Screenwriter
Also, there is no way at this time to squeeze more programming on the guide screen.
And one more little trick that you may have already found. When viewing a program, if you press the right directional button, you will be able to scroll through channel listings at the bottom of the screen without going into the guide. It also allows you to look ahead one hour for each channel presented.
C. Ryan

Jon_T

Agent
You can also enter the number of hours ahead you want and press the right arrow (browse) button and it will take you there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks