What's new

obscure sci-fi films... (1 Viewer)

ScottFH

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have any ideas for DVD/VHS sources for obscure science fiction films like "Just Imagine", "Transatlantic Tunnel", "F.P. 1 Does Not Reply", etc....

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I would love to see Warners put out the UK Warnercolor 'Scope SATELLITE IN THE SKY (1956) a then-big budget, thoughtfull film on taking the arms race into outer space. with Kieron Moore, Lois Maxwell (Miss Moneypenny)Bryan Forbes, SPFX by Wally Veevers (2001) Never been on video, almost unseen on the tube.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Scott

Sinistercinema.com is a good place to start. I know that they have Transatlantic Tunnel on VHS. They are starting to put a lot of their films on DVD so maybe it will wind up on our favorite format soon.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
How about:

The Crawling Eye
Not of this Earth (original)
X the Unknown
Caltiki the Immortal Monster
Attack of the Crab Monsters
Monster from the Piedras Blancas
Terror from the Year 5000

These are just a few of my boyhood favorites.

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

Would love all 4 of these.

To the best of my knowledge, the orig. Not of this Earth has never been released on any legit home theater format. Which is weird because alot of boomers remembered and loved this flick growing up.

Would also like It Conquered the World, and other Corman's. Where are they?

Could've sworn I heard The Power was coming out, but perhaps not.

I second The Quite Earth! Watching 28 Days Later reminded me of this classic. Maybe Fox would release it when they put out 28 Days Later?

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
CALTIKI, THE IMMORTAL MONSTER- Mario Bava was a cameraman or did SPFX on that, I believe-I remember that even looking at the newspaper ads of this huge mess of slime flowing over cars and buildings(-not even in the movie)-gave me nightmares as a kid. Like to see that on DVD.

THE MONOLITH MONSTERS was out in a Universal Sci Fi box on LD some years ago-havent heard if it will be on DVD, but I thought it a great concept with great effects (for 1958)

William Waits

Stunt Coordinator
It may sound cheesy, but here is one of mine that I'd like to see:

Buck Rogers In The 25th Century

Maybe now that Battlestar Gallatica coming out, we might get it, although Buck Rogers isn't revamping their show...

Speaking of which, they could release the TV show as well...

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I have The Monolith Monsters on a commercial VHS. It came out when I was 8, and it scared me then.

IMHO, it holds up quite well today.

I love Not of This Earth , both the original and the remake!

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

Yep, I've heard this too, but have yet to see it available for viewing, on a HT format or revival showing. Would love to see it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks