Obscure Robert Altman film to air on TCM tonight!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nicholas Vargo, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Nicholas Vargo

Nicholas Vargo Second Unit

Nicholas Vargo
    Tonight, at 4:00 A.M. Eastern/1:00 A.M. Pacific, TCM will air the forgotten Robert Altman film "Brewster McCloud", which starred Bud Cort, Sally Kellerman, Margaret Hamilton, and Shelley Duvall in her first feature film. I've mentioned this film a couple of times at this forum before and now's your chance to see it or record it tonight. This is one of these films that is shown only once in a 2-3 month period on TCM, so if you want to see it, either watch it or record it tonight becuase this might be your only chance to see it now than wait another two months or so for it.

2. BarryS

BarryS Second Unit

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it out. I live off those movie channels. Last night, I got Key Largo from TCM and What's Up, Tiger Lily? from IFC. I've never seen Brewster McCloud so this is my chance.

By the way, is it OAR??

3. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I'm still pissed off that damn Insight Communications took IFC and TCM off of basic cable. They said...upgrade to digital cable, but they don't offer it in my apartment building! Arg...I want to watch some good movies!

4. Nicholas Vargo

Nicholas Vargo
    Barry, the other two times I caught it on TCM, it was OAR, so this viewing should be no different. The OAR is 2.35:1, the usual Altman aspect ratio.

5. Nicholas Vargo

Nicholas Vargo
    So what did you guys think? I won't hate anybody if they hated it because it was and still is quite an original picture, so some people will like it and some won't. So what did you think?

6. RayG

RayG Stunt Coordinator

Caught Brewster McCloud the last time TCM showed it, and fought it was great. The Altman film I needed to tape last night was Buffalo Bill with Paul Newman.

7. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

8. BarryS

BarryS Second Unit

I finally watched this movie after having recorded it a while back. I liked it. It's certainly bizarre, but I'm a fan of bizarre movies. I wasn't able to make much sense of the story though. I assume there must be some symbolic, metaphoric themes there I didn't pick up on. The bird/flying theme is obvious, but other than that... Is there some signifigance to the people being sh*t on by birds?