What's new

Obscure/Rare film you’d like that will never see the light of day? (1 Viewer)

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
What's happened to JOY IN THE MORNING (1965)? I saw it on first release but it's disappeared since then with no release on DVD or Blu-ray. Surely Warner Archive could release it. Bernard Herrmann's music score has been released on CD but where's the film?

Saw that great movie many times where I worked upon it's original release.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
THE COMFORT OF STRANGERS is now available as a Region B Blu-ray (with a PAL disc version enclosed) so maybe there's hope for a Region A/NTSC equivalent.

Thanks - good to know. I only have Region 1 DVD/Blu releases, however. Not sure if any other formats will play on my US player.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977) - probably never released to Region 1 DVD/Blu because of rights issues involving the music.

Light Sleeper (1992) - great Paul Schrader-directed drama; has only seen a crummy DVD release - with a pan & scan print.

These two both have blu-rays available. The Comfort of Strangers is I think region locked as Bob says but Light Sleeper is available on Amazon in a region free release from Australia.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Light-Sleeper-Blu-ray/212206/

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
One film I’d like to see is OUR TOWN.

It’ll be on TCM 31 Days of Oscar soon, it’s never been released and I think it’s PD.

Any one know about this film?

John Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Gilmore
523D3864-2938-4CB5-9BF3-2EAE20DA32C0.jpeg
B47DDB9E-3FE2-4D69-B88A-7462384B050D.jpeg
0206EC26-5A2C-4372-97B3-5BF08835D95B.jpeg

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
1976s HALF A HOUSE was nominated for Best Song Oscar...and vanished. Ive never seen it on TV and yet it had to have played in an L.A. theater at least one week to qualify for an Oscar. Truly MIA

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
1990's MOUNTAINS OF THE MOON, directed by (of all people) Bob Rafelson is an amazing movie that seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth. The DVD was non-anamorphic and the non A-list Carolco library is festering somewhere in the Lionsgate vaults. An amazing movie that should have made Patrick Bergin a huge star. Same also goes for 1993's eerie THE MUSIC OF CHANCE, starring Mandy Patinkin, James Spader and M. Emmet Walsh that never had a DVD release.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm a big Claudia Cardinale fan and one film of hers which has disappeared is Fury which co-starred Oliver Reed. This film has several different names but is missing in all of them! I'd have thought any film with both Claudia Cardinale and Oliver Reed would attract an audience so why has this film gone missing?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
1990's MOUNTAINS OF THE MOON, directed by (of all people) Bob Rafelson is an amazing movie that seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth. The DVD was non-anamorphic and the non A-list Carolco library is festering somewhere in the Lionsgate vaults. An amazing movie that should have made Patrick Bergin a huge star. Same also goes for 1993's eerie THE MUSIC OF CHANCE, starring Mandy Patinkin, James Spader and M. Emmet Walsh that never had a DVD release.
Yes, I remember really LOVING Mountains of the Moon despite some really disturbing violence that took me by surprise. Haven't seen it since seeing it in the theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks