What's new

obscure question about CSI and sign language (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Okay, a pretty obscure one for you good folks.

I caught an old episode of CSI last night in which the team is investigating the murder of a couple of groupies by a famous movie actor. He hires a smart lawyer to harrass them all the way to court, and on the smart lawyer's team is Grissom's original mentor. At the end, Grissom turns to the mentor and says something like 'my mother says hello' accompanied by a piece of sign language. What does the sign language say, please? I've a shrewd idea that it ain't 'hello'.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Are you sure Grissom isn't on the up and up? His mentor was trying to exploit a perceived weakness of Grissom's, and Grissom found a way to defeat his mentor's tactics. Plus, Grissom is going deaf (his mother is deaf, which is why Grissom knows sign language). Down the line, Grissom will probably undergo ear surgery to save/enhance the hearing he has left.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Patrick, I agree. It's just that the signing Grissom gives looks like an in-joke for people who know sign language - in other words, whilst he's saying 'hello' with his lips I think he's saying something rather ruder with his hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks