Obscure Japanese Game Source - A Reccomendation

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianB, Apr 23, 2002.

1. BrianB

BrianB Producer

A good 'smaller' importer that I'm a fan of is having a sale, and I thought I'd pass on the link.
    Wolf Games
    It's not a fancy Amazon style online retailer - it's one guy importing gear from Japan & selling it on - but don't let that stop you ordering. He's trustworthy, honest & very friendly. He's got a GREAT selection of Saturn, PSX & DC games, as well as a nice healthy set of games for things like the PCEngine, FM Towns, X68000 etc. And a nice second hand section for them all too.
    He's got a nice big sale going on, I've just bought a few older games I've been after [​IMG]

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

WOW! Thanks Brian. I am putting in an order for Dracula X on the Saturn (which I've been looking for) and I'm even considering buying the Pc Engine Dracula X (Rondo of Blood, though 159 is quite the price but fair for this game which I've seen go for upwards of 300).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

You're welcome, Romier. I haven't ordered /that/ much from him, but he's got a superb, top class rep amongst friends/contacts etc.

4. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

Romier, I am 99.99% certain that the Castlevania Chronicles disk recently released for the PS1 is the same as the PC Engine version. No need to spend $159, when it can be had for $20. It comes with the originial version and an "enhanced" version.

5. Romier S

Romier S Producer

6. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Romier is correct....although it has been said by the man that he wants to do another Castlevania Chrinicles game and have it be Rondo of Blood.

7. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

oh, my bad. Was the X68000 ever released in the states? or was it a Japan only affair like the FM Towns?

8. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Japan only affair, Oscar. Was home to a LOT of top notch arcade conversions (for that era), it has quite a cult following.

9. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

10. Michael St. Clair

Wolfgames is good. I used to hang out with the owner on IRC many years ago, he is an honest guy.