What's new

Obie Trice - Cheers (1 Viewer)

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Has anybody picked this CD up yet? I meant to go out and get it when it came out 2 weeks ago, but haven't found time to. I'd get it for three of the songs alone (Shit hits the fan, We All Die One Day, and Bad Bitch), but I was wondering if anyone had any other songs they liked on it. I heard Eminem was on two other songs, one with D-12. Any constructive criticism/input would be great, thanks guys!

Greg Black

Second Unit
Cheers is a very good album. Unlike 50 Cents overhyped and disappointing debut (to me, anyway) Obie Trice really shows off some talented verses backed by some of the best instrumental tracks I've ever heard. Eminem is on about four songs, although one of them he only sings the chorus. The last song is basically a full-on D12 song and probably my favorite track. I recommend this album very highly!

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Greg, yeah, I know I was somewhat upset with 50's commercial debut since I know he's better than that, but it had some good beats. I picked up Cheers today, and it's pretty good too. Unfortunately, I still think We All Die One Day is the best track on the cd, and I've had that from when it was released on DJ Green Lantern's cd. Overall, I was very surprised, because from what I've heard with Obie prior to his cd, I don't like his wordplay that much, no matter how much Em hypes him up. Outro, Lady, Oh, Got Some Teeth, Follow My Life, and the Setup are the tracks which stood out the most to me. I'll definitely be giving this CD another whirl sometime later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks